Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Dog biscuits...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    My current dog gets a supply of dogs treats but then I work for Farm Meats & that's what we do .
    Producing Dog Treats for local & export markets.
    From the sound of it, you might just be supplying El Borracho his daily dinner too!
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

Those treats are great Chris my dogs are on the 2nd bag but they only get one treat a night and there supply of Tux working dog and scraps and also plenty of milk.

Hi Pointer is it alright too feed frozen food too dogs? I'm nearly out of tux but the dog freezers looking healthy.
    Personaly I would never feed my gun dogs possom. But hares rabbit,veale no problem.

Why not possum Dundee? I think it's a bit lean really, but I had a Rottweiller did real well on one coon a day for a while...

The duck dogs will get the taste of possum and be more interested in possum than duck. Just my opinion thou,the work dogs get fed possum. Any suggestions about feeding frozen meat too dogs anyone?

Dundee there is nothing wrong with feeding frozen food. I often give it to the boy when he needs something to do as it takes a bit longer to get through.
    Pointer likes this.
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Glade your dogs are enjoying the Mixed treats Mr Dundee .As for the possum ,my experience it makes them fart some thing wicked.
    Raw beef is almost as bad ,bit hard on your eye's & nose if the dog travels inside your wagon .

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Glade your dogs are enjoying the Mixed treats Mr Dundee .As for the possum ,my experience it makes them fart some thing wicked.
    Raw beef is almost as bad ,bit hard on your eye's & nose if the dog travels inside your wagon .
    I agree about the fart material in possums, Chris...yikes its a mean thing, alright!!!!!

I would never feed my dogs frozen meat...don't like it myself either
    ...amitie, respect mutuel et amour...

...le beau et le bon, cela rime avec Breton!...

Gidday Dundee, nothing wrong with frozen meat, think of it as a big popsicle chew toy for your dog Also kills any parasites in the coon if its been in the freezer for a month. I feed them whole, guts and all, cut up with the axe. no skins or hocks due to nasty claws. I find it lean also, but something about them really puts condition on a dog quick. I don't feed them coon too often, only when needed. I fed coons to dogs that saw them regularly as deer dogs, and never had a problem with them chasing possums. Once its skinned, chopped up and frozen its just meat to them. And yes, beware the coon fart

Thanks all. yeah I know the coon smell from a dog,not nice. My dogs might get some popcicles of different flavours soon.

While on the topic of dog biscuits. Tux must of been the menu for Husain Bolt to win gold,just kidding well done that man but he won't beat my Bolt that can run top speed of 52km/h. I know you won't mind Eeebees but how fast can everyones dog run or shall we start a new thread?

No body mentioned Coprice yet, i have feed mine on this for the last year and a half, great results , i use the working dog
    Years back i had a mate doing possums with a plucker and feed the dogs on possum, farts yes,shiney coats and never a prob with them targeting live ones,just cut heads and paws off
    Edit... dundee, two of mine will go 52-53 then i run out of airstrip

Bolt is a fast, slobbery bastard but I reckon Jet would keep up.

My old whippets were clocked at just under 60km on a speed gun, they were family couch potatoes and not racing dogs. (See the father and son pair in my avatar. My dog was the mother to the young one pictured.)

Jet and Bolt better have a race when it gets a bit dryer.
    Dougie likes this.

I certainly do not mind, Dundee!! I clocked my little bitch at 52kph...

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmwsm View Post
    I feed my dogs Mighty Mix most of the time. Its cheap (about $80 for a 25 kg bag and they get a 500gram honey can each a day, big Huntaways etc require a bit more), conveniant, they do well on it and they don't shit like they do on biscuits. Plus it is delivered to my door.
    The only disadvantage is it needs to be kept frozen.
    I saw an independant survey in a farming paper where it out performed the other products ( including Tux, Purina, Eukanuba etc) and worked out at about 1/4 the price per feed.
    My sister feeds her Bergamasco on the Mighty Mix...she gave me some samples for my dogs to try and they seemed to really like it...unfortunately I do not have a big enough freezer

Quote Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
    Jet and Bolt better have a race when it gets a bit dryer.
    If he won, Bolt would be the first dog to be quicker than Jet. Even the whippets I mentioned before can't out run him. (The mother probably could have though..)

In other words.... Bring it, bitch!!!

Hahaha