Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: dumb ways to lose your mate

R93
    Really gutted for you.

I had a wee springer years ago and lost him out on the road out front. The guy that hit him was inconsolable.
    Nothing compares to a man dog relationship.

Don't beat yourself up.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Oh man that's horrible, you poor bugger.

Sometimes there are just no words but I am truely sorry for your loss. They are only in our lives for such a short time but they leave a huge hole when they go
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

that's a shitty way to end the year hope you find him so you can say good bye in your own way

Gone but not forgotten Gapped axe's Avatar
    Holy shit that's hard news to digest. so sorry for your loss. Just as well you didn't jump in as well.
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

Dam what a way to go, but at least he was out and about not in some stinking vet. Condolences for your loss GPSF.

Bugger

That's a shit yarn mate, I'm sorry to hear that.
    Ya can't park there mate.

I lost 2 of my best dogs after being packed both on different occasion & both times when I was away last one the ex missz let my wee 3yo champ (who was my boys pup) off to wander around the house with her meat head guard dog while she was inside stoking her bong ...no neighbours around to ask for help she basically just watched the wee fella mauled to death F#*k I was gutted one of the nicest dogs id had collie/bluehealer .

thanks again all. But I will go on already looking for a replacement far earlier than i thought id have to but.
    whats gamebirding waterfowling without a dog maybe 1/3rd 1/2 what the experience can be..

while we are on the subject who do these fuckers think theyre kidding 800 900 buks for cross breed pups ''no papers''
    whered they think papers would come from the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy kennel club.
    fuckin greedy puppy factory homo,s
    Last edited by gsp follower; 06-12-2015 at 12:48 PM.
    Pointer likes this.

I'm sure some of you have seen this...

Where To Bury A Dog

There are various places within which a dog may be buried. We are thinking now of a setter, whose coat was flame in the sunshine, and who, so far as we are aware, never entertained a mean or an unworthy thought. This setter is buried beneath a cherry tree, under four feet of garden loam, and at its proper season the cherry strews petals on the green lawn of his grave. Beneath a cherry tree, or an apple, or any flowering shrub of the garden, is an excellent place to bury a good dog. Beneath such trees, such shrubs, he slept in the drowsy summer, or gnawed at a flavorous bone, or lifted head to challenge some strange intruder. These are good places, in life or in death. Yet it is a small matter, and it touches sentiment more than anything else.

For if the dog be well remembered, if sometimes he leaps through your dreams actual as in life, eyes kindling, questing, asking, laughing, begging, it matters not at all where that dog sleeps at long and at last. On a hill where the wind is unrebuked and the trees are roaring, or beside a stream he knew in puppyhood, or somewhere in the flatness of a pasture land, where most exhilarating cattle graze. It is all one to the dog, and all one to you, and nothing is gained, and nothing lost -- if memory lives. But there is one best place to bury a dog. One place that is best of all.

If you bury him in this spot, the secret of which you must already have, he will come to you when you call -- come to you over the grim, dim frontiers of death, and down the well-remembered path, and to your side again. And though you call a dozen living dogs to heel they should not growl at him, nor resent his coming, for he is yours and he belongs there.

People may scoff at you, who see no lightest blade of grass bent by his footfall, who hear no whimper pitched too fine for mere audition, people who may never really have had a dog. Smile at them then, for you shall know something that is hidden from them, and which is well worth the knowing.

The one best place to bury a good dog is in the heart of his master.

by Ben Hur Lampman
    Pointer, R93, stingray and 6 others like this.

Sorry to hear this news mate. RIP RED

That sux sorry for your loss.
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Terrible news mate, really feeling your pain...
    While I might not be as good as I once was, Im as good once as I ever was!

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

Very Sadened to hear this mate... there's very definitely something about a friendship with a dog, ever since they first shared a fire a tucker with us a millenia ago. Their Trust, basic needs, and forgiveness that makes it simple to understand why the relationship with us they have is so deep and enduring. because at the heart of it we're pretty simple too.

Take comfort from the last point Red doesn't blame you for anything and would ask you to remember the good times instead. I'm sure there's been quite a few of us give our four legged friends and pot-lickers a extra hug or two this weekend after hearing your news. Glad to hear your still keen to share your fire with another one again shortly - they do enhance our lives.