Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree15Likes
  • 1 Post By Barry the hunter
  • 5 Post By Makros
  • 1 Post By 7mm Rem Mag
  • 1 Post By Snoppernator
  • 6 Post By gonetropo
  • 1 Post By SL600

Thread: He’s a right odd un

He’s a right odd un

Sitting watching the ladies football last week, Bruce is lying beside the couch.

If you’ve watched any of it, everytime there is a replay, the World Cup logo flashes up on the screen with a slight whoosh.

Well, one of the Sheila’s had a close call, the wee logo whooshes up and Bruce literally goes from lying, to sitting on my lap on the couch in a millisecond.
    He was shaking like a leaf. Tail between the legs, ears folded around his neck.

When it came on a second time, he hightailed out the living room and we couldn’t get him to come back in unless we turned the tv off.

Bloody weird.
    He’s still a bit wary of the tv.

Maybe he just likes rugby.

that slight whoosh to your ears may just be of frequency that screams to his..... Country Calendar is usually good to watch the dogs reactions,even funnier was Dads dogs with a video of him working them on sheep...dog was right royally confused hearing Dad give command whistle them himself barking...didnt know what the heck to do
    75/15/10 black powder matters

my partner had a shepherd ex security dog tough nut but thunder the big tough bugger would try to hide under the bed
    Micky Duck likes this.

lol sounds pretty hard case.
    If you want to desensitize him to the sound you could try making a similar noise when your chucking a ball for him or other play activity so he changes to WHOOSH means your throwing the ball etc...
    Can be good to get them used to fireworks and the like by letting some off of your own so you can be holding the dog giving heaps or reassurance as the fireworks goes pop whizz and the rest. I usually mimic the noise at the same time it's happening adding words of encouragement etc....

Some dogs seem to take notice of the TV, although my current muttlie looks at animals on TV and couldn't really give a crap no matter how much I say "look at the doggie over there" and other attention grabbing stuff. I must look like a right dick during country calander and the like when I say to the dog " look at the moo cow" and look a baa baa sheep" he just looks at me and probably says to himself " that's a TV not a cow ya dick"

It isn’t the sound, or at least not totally the sound.
    Muted tv and he ain’t a happy boy.

Dogs are weird. My one is scared of umbrellas and fold out camp chairs...
    But he's a cute little bastard so that's just fine.
    Name:  PC270645.JPG
Views: 259
Size:  624.1 KB

If you want a laugh look up youtube and put in bird videos for cats and turn the sound up. Watch your cat closely, his eyes will stick out of his head and he will stalk the TV. Just be careful he doesn't knock the TV over.
    Micky Duck likes this.
    When hunting think safety first

I love it when the pup perks up from deep sleep on the couch when a sika calls on youtube. Good dog. Good dog.
    Micky Duck likes this.
    "Death - our community's number one killer"

my dogs now 15 1/2 years old and sleeps allot, but if he is in the car and smells wacky weed he goes full on agro complete with the hair on his spine raising
    awhile back i was at supercheap, the dogs in the back of the wagon when 2 muppets decide to light up in the carpark.
    Bo leaps up in the back seat, growls like a werewolf on amphetamines and the 2 guys dropped the joint and ran like hell.
    was bloody hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by Boner View Post
    Sitting watching the ladies football last week, Bruce is lying beside the couch.

If you’ve watched any of it, everytime there is a replay, the World Cup logo flashes up on the screen with a slight whoosh.

Well, one of the Sheila’s had a close call, the wee logo whooshes up and Bruce literally goes from lying, to sitting on my lap on the couch in a millisecond.
    He was shaking like a leaf. Tail between the legs, ears folded around his neck.

When it came on a second time, he hightailed out the living room and we couldn’t get him to come back in unless we turned the tv off.

Bloody weird.
    He’s still a bit wary of the tv.

Maybe he just likes rugby.
    Some Tvs give off a range of Hertz which we cant hear, but is very annoying for K9.......Just a thought.
    Micky Duck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SL600 View Post
    Some Tvs give off a range of Hertz which we cant hear, but is very annoying for K9.......Just a thought.
    In the old days of analog TV it was 15625 Hz

Modern tvs run much higher