Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Pet Insurance - who are good to deal with?

I'd have to recommend FMG after using them for 20 years for dogs

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

I feel ya pain Mikee. My last Rottie girl did one cruciate ligament then 6 months later ( as predicted) she did the other one. Not to mention the hypothyroidism which meant 13 pills a day for many years. Then infected uterus ( 2K for emergency hysterectomy ). Sometimes the "fun" never seems to end. I was lucky I could afford all that plus more for my other Rottie boy then Huntaway. Must be in for a spend free run for the next yapper
    mikee likes this.

What's the premiums and cover like for them Brads. Do they do pet dogs or mainly rural working dogs.
    They wouldn't insure my house since they said it was "too old"

Quote Originally Posted by BRADS View Post
    I'd have to recommend FMG after using them for 20 years for dogs

BRADS likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rugerman View Post
    What's the premiums and cover like for them Brads. Do they do pet dogs or mainly rural working dogs.
    They wouldn't insure my house since they said it was "too old"
    hey sorry I don't no but will find out for you,
    they do all our pets dogs and working dogs and have never questioned a claim, all we need for a claim rather than a vet cert which some companies need is a valuation from a livestock agent.
    Most of our buildings are over 100 years old so the last part surprises me.

Last edited by BRADS; 19-02-2021 at 06:30 PM.
    rugerman likes this.

Cheers mate, My place was built in the 1920s and I got a straight out no. If you are already a customer it might be different but when I was looking to change insurance companies I was shopping around and they excluded themselves

Quote Originally Posted by bully View Post
    got a hand full of sheep or some stock... your dog help move them.... fmg $200 per year.

I havn't used them yet, the dog has to be 6 months. but seems pretty good, I forget the amount the pay towards each claim. but it seemed good when I spoke to them. alot better than $80/month.
    Just looked up FMG's dog cover - pretty much replacement cover for farm dogs - will pay vet bills upto $1000 to extend working life / prevent death. Replacement value for accidental death or theft. I do live rurally on the Inlaws farm so could do that but if they'll only cover $1k i'd be better off saving the $ towards bills as mentioned.

Have been asking round, have southern cross medical insurance so sounds like I can get a package deal there - looking into it. I know that it may be money for nothing in the event that you don't claim but i suppose it's piece of mind and as mentioned you hear of some pretty steep vet bills
    mikee likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsol View Post
    Just looked up FMG's dog cover - pretty much replacement cover for farm dogs - will pay vet bills upto $1000 to extend working life / prevent death. Replacement value for accidental death or theft. I do live rurally on the Inlaws farm so could do that but if they'll only cover $1k i'd be better off saving the $ towards bills as mentioned.

Have been asking round, have southern cross medical insurance so sounds like I can get a package deal there - looking into it. I know that it may be money for nothing in the event that you don't claim but i suppose it's piece of mind and as mentioned you hear of some pretty steep vet bills
    Package deal is 2.5% discount if I remember right. Not significant we have a few policies with them and its still a huge cost.