Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Review of the Animal Welfare Act regarding Tail Docking

There was a time when in Auckland on Queen st , the major Auckland st you could walk out of a shop with a nice new rifle and not be surrounded by SWAT police nijas --our whole way of life is being turned into the equal of fast food
    Tweed or not to Tweed that is the question

Hear, hear, Vietnamcam...aint that the truth...and then you hear of vets neutering and speying puppies as early as six to eight weeks...how is that humane when you consider that the dam is often still in attendance of the puppies eliminations...I would be very interested in knowing just how many of those puppies succumb to the anaethesia...or is that part of the plan...

None of us are not aggrieved nor angry when we hear of dogs being maltreated or under cruel husbandry...there was that case recently in the UK where a couple were imprisoned for a duration (I cannot remember how long) for the appalling manner in which they kept their dogs and puppies...they were released after a few weeks...
    Last edited by EeeBees; 13-08-2012 at 09:54 PM.
    ...amitie, respect mutuel et amour...

...le beau et le bon, cela rime avec Breton!...

Quote Originally Posted by el borracho View Post
    There was a time when in Auckland on Queen st , the major Auckland st you could walk out of a shop with a nice new rifle and not be surrounded by SWAT police nijas --our whole way of life is being turned into the equal of fast food
    I agree totaly El b,
    When I was 16 I was going for a pheasant shoot and had no car so my old lady dropped me into town where I was too meet my hunting companions.The rendevouz was too be at the local garage.The troops were a bit late so heres me with a single shot shotgun slung over my shoulder with barrel open and full gun belt round my waist.I entered the garage and purchased a pie and fizzy,you should of seen the look on there faces
    It wasn't long after I was across from the garage having a munch when Mr. Plod turned up. I said too him "I haven't broken the law I purchased my grub" he just said too me "buy a gun bag" Be dead if that was too happen today!

My brother was talking about buying guns the other day...you went to the gunshop saw what you wanted, went to the police station to get the piece of paper, went back to the gunshop with the piece of paper, paid the man a wodge of money for said firearm, then went back to the police station to have it the number registered...is that how it went...??? And apparently, it was all done WITHOUT A COMPUTER...!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
    I agree totaly El b, When I was 16 I was going for a pheasant shoot and had no car so my old lady dropped me into town where I was too meet my hunting companions.The rendevouz was too be at the local garage.The troops were a bit late so heres me with a single shot shotgun slung over my shoulder with barrel open and full gun belt round my waist.I entered the garage and purchased a pie and fizzy,you should of seen the look on there facesIt wasn't long after I was across from the garage having a munch when Mr. Plod turned up. I said too him "I haven't broken the law I purchased my grub" he just said too me "buy a gun bag" Be dead if that was too happen today!
    My mate only had a xr200 , he was and still is duckshooting mad . He was always riding through ch ch with his shottie over his shoulder ,gun belt on , he never thought anything of it . He only got funny looks when he had ducks and geese tied on by there necks 10 s and 20 s of them . You couldn't do that now , the cops would be all over you , not to mention the greenies . There probably a law against it ( ducks tied on) it would be offensive . I once drove through the drive through at mackers once ,with a large wild boar on my dog box . That didn't go down very well as I got to the window the poor young girl serving almost wet herself she got such a scare . I got the dirtyest look from her boss when i got to the next window.I honestly didn't think about it . I'm sure the family behind me in the drive through may have been put off there dinner as well .
    Bulltahr and Dundee like this.

GSP
    Animal Welfare | MPI Biosecurity New Zealand
    Page 23. Section 4.7.5 and over page.
    Don't know if anything else in there worth taking a look at, haven't had a chance to read it all.

GSP
    Animal Welfare | MPI Biosecurity New Zealand

Page 23, section 4.7.5

There may be other things worth a look at in here but I haven't had a chance to read it all.

http://www.ava.com.au/sites/default/...on%20FINAL.pdf

something to read...this time re dangerous dogs...