Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Existence is suffering

I couldn't agree more, sadly though, in my experience with anything even slightly "political", including firearms, nothing is easy, ever. Shouldn't have to fight but in the end we do end up fighting an up hill battle the whole way.

Now I am not an expert but I am worried that setting up a new range may be harder than it sounds.

I think you will need resource consent.
    The council once tried to shut down the RRGC, the only reason they are still there is that they predate resource consent.
    So can a new range get resource consent?
    I don't know but I suspect the anti gun lobby has claws longer than the wicked witch of the west.
    Also you will need range approval, read this, it will help -
    http://www.police.govt.nz/service/fi...nge-manual.pdf

Now I am not sure but if the range is on someones private property, then there may be exemption from some of the above, I don't know what exactly but if you are really keen I can give you the name of a pistol club that is actually located on a privately owned farm by the good graces of the very generous land owner. They would know all about this subject.

Also note the name in the acknowledgements of the police range manual, if you want more info contact Wally as he knows a lot on this subject.

Heres is a summary from someone that has gone through the process in NZ recently:
    How to Start a Range in NZ,

how do we join?
    cost ect

Pistol club on private property is a bit different. To use pistols you have to be a certified range as i understand it. Rifle ranges do not need to be certified unless you want to run say "official" club matches i.e. an NZDA regional or national match, any NRA match, etc... and then i think it is those organisations that would like the facility certified.

Quote Originally Posted by skeet72 View Post
    how do we join?
    cost ect
    Im with you on that
    Konus binoculars " The power to imagine"