Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree123Likes

Thread: NZDA.

I mainly go for the 2 dollar beers
    Micky Duck, norsk and Russian 22. like this.

nah I was made welcome enough, helped that I knew a few of the guys. I went to a few working bees and a few meetings but nothing "came of it". I'm currently on the committee of a rodeo club, a rifle club and the hall committee, and they all have similar issues with "engaging members".

In the rodeo club we try and give new members "a job" so they can get involved but I'd say the success rate is less than 50%. Funny old world we live in.

As a young hunter I found that they were great for advice. But you're kinda on your own. Went to my first party hunt. Got paired up for that then was on my own.

Funnily enough the good looking girls never have that issue.

The party hunts can be good. Usually a good way to meet people and make hunts pretty affordable

I end up going to the meetings for cheap beer, venison and chatting with mates.
    Moa Hunter and Micky Duck like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    Yes. Members should have a say. But just imagine the mess if this forum was left to run the country.
    We couldn't really do a worse job than our elected representatives to be honest. Who knows we could even fluke better results.

Just out of interest (I'm not a member) who can explain all the different membership levels of NZDA as it doesn't really say on their website that I can find.
    Beaker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by small_caliber View Post
    Lets see if I get this right, hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong,

Senior member - eligible if you are between 18 and 65 years old
    Junior member - eligible if you are under 18
    Student member - eligible if your are over 18 and still a student or an apprentice
    Superannuant member - those that are eligible to receive National Superannuation.
    Family member - partner, child, grandchild of a member or members partner
    Associate member - a membership where you only get the benefits the branch offers associates, you don't get the magazine, not eligible for the public liability insurance and not eligible to enter national competitions.

I think that covers all the different member classes.
    I believe that is correct, also to note that Associate means no voting rights, I think

Also the public liability insurance is a bit of a moot point from what i have heard as they no longer go after you if you accidentally burn a forest down (case law, I think, happy to be corrected)
    Beaker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 308 View Post
    I believe that is correct, also to note that Associate means no voting rights, I think

Also the public liability insurance is a bit of a moot point from what i have heard as they no longer go after you if you accidentally burn a forest down (case law, I think, happy to be corrected)
    I'd just like to be provided the insurance policy terms, before paying the membership money.
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

Yeah I understand that branches vary a great deal but HVDA is really good and they get a lot of members pitching in to help at bees and whatnot

Never enough but y'know
    small_caliber likes this.

Hi, was trying to register online as a NZDA member but unable to do so. Anyone has the same problem with the online application?

Email the admin last week but did not get a reply yet.

On the side note, would like to sign up basic hunting course. Any recommendation? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by sheep View Post
    Hi, was trying to register online as a NZDA member but unable to do so. Anyone has the same problem with the online application?

Email the admin last week but did not get a reply yet.

On the side note, would like to sign up basic hunting course. Any recommendation? Thanks!
    NZDA National office 'phone number: 04-499 6163
    That should get things moving for you.

Register for the NZDA HUNTS course - you couldn't do better.

https://www.nzdawaikato.org.nz/hunts-course/
    Micky Duck and sheep like this.

Gone but not forgotten
    I think they are right in the thick of annual membership renewals/invoices at the moment
    BSA, Borris and sheep like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    NZDA National office 'phone number: 04-499 6163
    That should get things moving for you.

Register for the NZDA HUNTS course - you couldn't do better.

https://www.nzdawaikato.org.nz/hunts-course/
    Noted, thanks

I joined 3 yrs ago in Auckland. Large branch, lot happening. Hunts course was excellent. Some really good one off evenings, one on Sika, another on dressing/butchering game. Really it was up to me what I got out of it. Now in Taranaki, been to couple of events, range and clubrooms. Friendly enough. Again, what I get out if it is going to be up to me. Main thing I'm looking for is to team up with a compatible hunting companion or two. That is, from my early life 25yrs of fly-fishing experience, a difficult ask, and may never eventuate. I had a good fishing nate for 10 yrs, quite a lot older than me, but then he remarried and grew old, I moved to different parts and it all came adrift. Life happens. NZDA is one place you might meet some one or two who become good hunting/shooting mates. You might not either. But its a place you can invest in so others might and so our sport is furthered and continues.
    I know a lot but it seems less every day...

one of my greatest regrets was not finding the $500 needed 20 plus years ago when a lifetime subscription was on offer....I was very proactive in NZDA for some time but a young family and tight budget saw a choice...NZDA membership or fishing and duckshooting licence..... my kids learnt to fish and that is decision I DONT REGRET... one day if funds free up I MAY just go back again.met a lot of very good folks and got a lot out of the whole thing.my wedding do was in timaru clubrooms.

Does anyone know what the club nights at the Wellington branch are like? Was thinking of going but I couldn't find an agenda.