Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: Soup kitchens/food services in auckland?

Quote Originally Posted by video hunter View Post
    Angus....Give us a rundown of your own personal experiences.

In the Wellington city area there seems to be a increase of beggers over the years.....Very sad to see people in those situations, but you have to wonder at tines.
    It's overwhelmingly young people from what i've seen, you've got a lot of the older dudes who might as well be part of the scenery by this point but before i left wellington i was seeing a lot of young people, late teens to mid 20s roughing it. Unsure why, lack of jobs or increase in housing costs perhaps. I myself had to call the pavement my bed on a few occasions due to the instability of my mental health, lack of job security and the lack of a support network when i needed it most. I think that last one is the most important, with counsel flats being torn down left and right and the mental health support network being what it currently is, the support is really being torn right out from under young people.

Also winz is less than ideal for help as you need an address to even apply, and once you've gotten over that hurdle without a home you're at best going to receive around 110 bucks a week, which you'd think would sound like a lot for someone with no roof to pay for but that money disappears very quickly after you've bought food, hot showers so you're clean for interviews, replacing your pack and all your clothes when they get stolen (happened to me a lot)
    I mean bloody hell the night shelter used to charge us a dollar fity for a bloody cup of tea. It's all absolutely exhausting.
    sometimes likes this.
    "A party without cake is just a meeting" - Juila Child

Quote Originally Posted by Growlybear View Post
    By golly, Systolic, I used to think you got a hard time on this forum, but you really ARE a piece of shite, ain't you?
    Sociopaths are by nature very unpleasant lacking any real ability to empathise, I am pretty sure that's what he is. Scary that if he is who we think he is, he has access to firearms and even a uniform. Vetting fails some times.
    Angus_A and Growlybear like this.