Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Is this ment to happen?

Quote Originally Posted by w8indq View Post
    No if you were shooting compound in the 80s and early 90s most shelfs on the bows were barely cut past centre (as you would know) and you had to shoot fletch out. But when you have fletching hitting these days its time to adjust cam lean etc

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
    Yeah,my first compound was a 1968 Pearson Shadow.30%,shooting Easton 1816.like cars,compounds have evolved.
    w8indq likes this.
    Real guns start with the number 3 or bigger and make two holes, one in and one out

Quote Originally Posted by w8indq View Post
    No if you were shooting compound in the 80s and early 90s most shelfs on the bows were barely cut past centre (as you would know) and you had to shoot fletch out. But when you have fletching hitting these days its time to adjust cam lean etc

I say bulldust ...white fletch to the rite , some nocks need a tweek that's how my bow is setup & shoots great if that's not rite why would the guys at the bow shop set it up wrong for me ?
    Last edited by Boaraxa; 30-11-2016 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boaraxa View Post
    I say bulldust ...white fletch to the rite , that's how my bow is setup & shoots great
    Lol. Yes you can turn the nock on a drop away but on a biscuit you cant as tbe black part is ultra stiff to support arrow. but on a modern bow if you cant clear blazers cock vane up youve got tuning problems.

Using Tapatalk

MaW
    Looking at the bow, the fletches look big. I used to have big fletches for indoors shooting on a hoyt and there was a slight clearance issue but nothing I could do bout it. Didnt affect accuracy.

For a recurve, one fletch perpendicular to the bows riser facing away so that there is minimal interference with the rest and the bow.

For a compound, it depends on the rest. I use a blade rest so one fletch up, for drop away which is less popular in target archery it doest matter as there is no interference but people will still maintain the same fletch position relative to the nock across all their arrows.

I am not so familiar with a whisker biscuit but I dont see why orientation matters as all whiskers on the rest are running parallel with the fletches no matter what your orientation.

The position of the rest (the centre shot) doesnt look too bad as your string seems in line with the bow and the arrow looks like it is basically lined up down the string.

One obvious thing is it could be you You could be holding the bow and torquing it around so that you are bringing the cables in line with the string.

If you don't figure it out you may need to have someone look at you shoot. Do you have a front stabiliser? If you do check that it is pointing in the same direction as the arrow when at full draw, it will allow you to check if you are torquing the bow badly.