Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Howa1500
  • 2 Post By Beaker

Thread: Any glock owners here

Any glock owners here

Hey guys recently bought a glock 17 gen 4 I was wondering if anyone has put a timney trigger in their glock and if so was their a noticeable difference.

Quote Originally Posted by hillclimber View Post
    Hey guys recently bought a glock 17 gen 4 I was wondering if anyone has put a timney trigger in their glock and if so was their a noticeable difference.
    I'd be interested in this, too. Have a 17 and 34 completely stock.

Quote Originally Posted by hillclimber View Post
    very hard to source in NZ, if you haven't dry fired your Glock a couple thousand times that helps to, Delta mike does sell the bul triggers which are very nice and are gen 4 compatible, I and another glock shooter on the forum both have the eaaman tech competition spring kit and for like $30 makes a difference

Quote Originally Posted by Howa1500 View Post
    very hard to source in NZ, if you haven't dry fired your Glock a couple thousand times that helps to, Delta mike does sell the bul triggers which are very nice and are gen 4 compatible, I and another glock shooter on the forum both have the eaaman tech competition spring kit and for like $30 makes a difference
    +1 For the eaaman tech competition spring kit

Zev is the Rolls Royce of triggers for a glock, KKM for barrel, Dawson sights and you have a different pistol.

Ok thanks guys for your advice

Very late to the thread.
    Have done the polish, reduced power spring approach, got a smooth 4lb trigger out of it. Good trigger option.

Have been shooting the timney trigger for around 18mths. Excellent triggers can't say enough nice things about them.
    The weight, the take-up and break, then reset are all the best you could hope for in a Glock.

The best change to my glock 17 (polished, springs, buffer, etc...) was the up grade to a CZ (then polished).
    Makros and 40mm like this.
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

Quote Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
    The best change to my glock 17 (polished, springs, buffer, etc...) was the up grade to a CZ (then polished).
    I don't think that's a good apples to apples comparison, there is a big price difference for a start and would be shooting them for different reasons, I.e Shadow vs Tangfoglio, plastic vs another plastic.

Quote Originally Posted by jackson21 View Post
    I don't think that's a good apples to apples comparison, there is a big price difference for a start and would be shooting them for different reasons, I.e Shadow vs Tangfoglio, plastic vs another plastic.
    Yes that's a fair point. Initial purchase price is a bit different.
    How ever, add the cost of all the mods to a g17, and you end up spending nearly the price of a shadow.
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

How ever, add the cost of all the mods to a g17, and you end up spending nearly the price of a shadow.
    Yes, that is true ha ha. Essentially only the frame left.Having said that I've seen a guy shooting a Gen 5 G34 and the thing is pretty darn accurate with nothing changed even with Rusa 124's, Trigger not bad either. The weight of CZ helps tame recoil as well.

Glock factory sights are just horrible.

For the same price as a S2 I got my 17 MOS gen5 with a full rig ready to rock with 5 mags etc. Only thing I've done aside from pop a sheild sms on it was put the DM $30 trigger kit in it. Although I'm not shooting as much as I did due to the costs like I once did I absolutely love my 17. Not knocking the cz at all either but factor in parts etc for a glock are so much cheaper and for me it was a no Brainer

If you can actually shoot glocks are a great option, compared to my shadow my g17 practically draws, transitions and reloads itself.

That post reming me a bit on how to improve a basic 1911 in the 90’s: you had to change all the springs, trigger/ sear/ hammer, barrel
    + all the fine gunsmithing by a competent guy who knew his way around them to get something descent.