Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: GSG .22LR 1911 Review

Quote Originally Posted by Spanners View Post
    Yip
    I have a 1916 .455 Webley
    Looking for a .357
    .455 for some reason I have always wanted one.. Well at least to fire one. They look like a good club also if you run out of ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Banana View Post
    and I wasted my money on a Mosquito. I liked it and it was fun while it lasted, but they don't last long. They're cast pot-metal junk, made out of airsoft grade materials. They're consumables, for the price of them you could buy something decent that'll last a lifetime.
    please don't take offence , but if you only had the mosquito , you cant really say don't get the 1911 ... I don't have the mosquito , but a guy at the club does ...his hasn't fallen aprt or anything and seems to work just fine ...

from watching your videos and comments you know your stuff , so please don't think im having a go , ...
    NO MATTER HOW MUCH IT HURTS, HOW DARK IT GETS OR HOW FAR YOU FALL , .....
    YOU ARE NEVER OUT OF THE FIGHT . (Marcus Luttrell)

R93
    The trouble with .22 autos is as Spanners pointed out already is being able to cycle a heavy slide. Most are made of alloy or cast in order to allow this.
    I have read all the negative stuff about some makes especially the mosquito as well.
    Have also read some positive stuff.
    Mine cost fuck all brand new with 4 mags and a suppressor. Bloke bought it and work overseas prevented him using it so I got it cheap.
    Have had trouble with 2 mags causing issues and fixed the problems.
    It cycles just about everything especially cci subs without the suppressor. Guess you get good one and bad ones. Mine says made in Germany. I am partial to German firearms and like the others I own have had a good run out of it so far. Practicing with it has helped me no end when I come to shoot my centrefires.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Beaker likes this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    The trouble with .22 autos is as Spanners pointed out already is being able to cycle a heavy slide. Most are made of alloy or cast in order to allow this.
    this is only a problem with designs that are trying to visually clone centrefire pistols. With dedicated designs etc Ruger Mk1/2/3/2245, Beretta 87, Browning Buckmark etc they're designed around the .22lr using quality materials. The CZ Kadet uses a similar sort of slide to the Ruger/Browning design and is to my mind a better design than the ones that use a pot metal full-size slide.

"Made in Germany" doesn't necessarily mean anything whatsoever, GSG started as literally an airsoft manufacturer and the design/materials of their rimfire guns reflect that - clones of iconic centrefire guns in inferior materials

Same with the "Colt" and "HK" .22lr AR15 clones - they're airsoft grade guns relabelled with "prestige" brand names
    Banana likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    please don't take offence , but if you only had the mosquito , you cant really say don't get the 1911 ... I don't have the mosquito , but a guy at the club does ...his hasn't fallen aprt or anything and seems to work just fine ...

from watching your videos and comments you know your stuff , so please don't think im having a go , ...
    It's the material that makes them inferior. GSGs, Sigs and Walthers are all cast from a zinc alloy that wears quickly and is prone to cracking.
    stumpy likes this.

Name:  Sig.JPG
Views: 407
Size:  94.0 KB

Well I like mine but then I don't shoot it as much as the CZ.... Just a fun plinking gun.
    R93 likes this.

I have owned two GSGs, the 1911 needed several upgrades to keep it running, but was a great little plinker, the MP 5 was a great fun gun, and even a nice little hunter
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]38183[/ATTACH
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I don't like mine so much...

Ewwwww.

R93
    Bit of sticky tape and you will be away😆

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Uplandstalker likes this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.