Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch NZGR


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 31
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Long shot

  1. #16
    Member nzfubz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    627
    Will be $186 nzd landed who else is in, so far @R93 and me, @Towely?
    Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

  2. #17
    R93
    R93 is offline
    Member R93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Westland NZ, PNG
    Posts
    12,071
    Quote Originally Posted by nzfubz View Post
    Will be $186 nzd landed who else is in, so far @R93 and me, @Towely?
    There has to be a few other forum members that do not use mouse guns😆





    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

  3. #18
    Member Ozzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    There has to be a few other forum members that do not use mouse guns��





    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

    Im keen.

  4. #19
    Member Ozzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    114
    All this talk of mags got me motivated to give mine a bit of TLC. A little bit of gentle persuasion with a hammer, some new springs and a touch with the dremel and they're just like new.

  5. #20
    R93
    R93 is offline
    Member R93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Westland NZ, PNG
    Posts
    12,071
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    All this talk of mags got me motivated to give mine a bit of TLC. A little bit of gentle persuasion with a hammer, some new springs and a touch with the dremel and they're just like new.
    Now you don't need the kit ya bum😆

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

  6. #21
    Member nzfubz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    627
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    All this talk of mags got me motivated to give mine a bit of TLC. A little bit of gentle persuasion with a hammer, some new springs and a touch with the dremel and they're just like new.
    I'll send ya mine
    Beaker likes this.
    Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

  7. #22
    Member Ozzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    114
    And good news, they all function fine after I adjusted them.

  8. #23
    Member nzfubz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    627
    Quote Originally Posted by nzfubz View Post
    I'll send ya mine
    As i said
    R93 likes this.
    Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

  9. #24
    Member Ozzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by nzfubz View Post
    As i said
    As long as they aren't K mags, I have given up on those entirely.
    nzfubz likes this.

  10. #25
    Member nzfubz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    627
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    As long as they aren't K mags, I have given up on those entirely.
    Nah just my originals 2xsti 1xsps and 1 SVI just to be different
    Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

  11. #26
    Member Ozzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by nzfubz View Post
    Nah just my originals 2xsti 1xsps and 1 SVI just to be different
    You like doing things the hard way. I'm just using SPS now, once I found that they worked well I just bought a bunch of them.

    Ive got one still new in the bag, so I ran the calipers over it to get the feed lip dimensions. Sure enough the 4 I use all the time had spread out a bit.

  12. #27
    R93
    R93 is offline
    Member R93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Westland NZ, PNG
    Posts
    12,071
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    You like doing things the hard way. I'm just using SPS now, once I found that they worked well I just bought a bunch of them.

    Ive got one still new in the bag, so I ran the calipers over it to get the feed lip dimensions. Sure enough the 4 I use all the time had spread out a bit.
    Did the lips take much work.

    My SPS ones are not that flexible.

    So if I muck with them without a jig I could wreck them.

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

  13. #28
    Member Ozzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    Did the lips take much work.

    My SPS ones are not that flexible.

    So if I muck with them without a jig I could wreck them.

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Nah bugger all. Without getting the calipers out to check the actual measurements. The rear of the mag that holds the round in was 10mm which hadn't changed on the used mags. It was only towards the front, the new mag was 11.60ish and the old mags varied out to 12.10mm, so just a gentle tap with a soft head hammer to get them closer to spec.

    A bit of a whack then measure, repeat till better or broken.

    To be perfectly honest, I haven't had any issues aside from the springs getting tired. It was mainly because I'm doing a full maintenance check on the gun before France, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered.

  14. #29
    R93
    R93 is offline
    Member R93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Westland NZ, PNG
    Posts
    12,071
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    Nah bugger all. Without getting the calipers out to check the actual measurements. The rear of the mag that holds the round in was 10mm which hadn't changed on the used mags. It was only towards the front, the new mag was 11.60ish and the old mags varied out to 12.10mm, so just a gentle tap with a soft head hammer to get them closer to spec.

    A bit of a whack then measure, repeat till better or broken.

    To be perfectly honest, I haven't had any issues aside from the springs getting tired. It was mainly because I'm doing a full maintenance check on the gun before France, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered.
    I would have rented ya out my shotty one😆

    Cheers for that.

    I will have a measure up when I get home but only one has given me issues.

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

  15. #30
    Member Ozzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    I would have rented ya out my shotty one��

    Cheers for that.

    I will have a measure up when I get home but only one has given me issues.

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Let me know when you have it in front of you and I'll give my mags a measure up to double check what it should be. Those numbers quoted were from 2 days ago, they may or may not be correct, my memory can be rather porous.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Zigliani Long Shot
    By Dermastor in forum Gear and Equipment
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-04-2017, 08:21 PM
  2. The short shot and a long climb
    By mkm in forum Hunting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 25-08-2016, 08:27 AM
  3. Bit of a long shot...
    By Scottishkiwi in forum Game Bird Hunting
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-03-2015, 07:21 PM
  4. Te Anau..a long shot
    By Pengy in forum Hunting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 19-02-2014, 10:45 PM
  5. long shot but thought i would try
    By oljamesyboy in forum Hunting
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-10-2012, 08:52 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!