Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By -BW-
  • 1 Post By Fly-My-Pretties
  • 1 Post By Howa1500
  • 1 Post By Fly-My-Pretties

Thread: Thinking of selling up- what’s it worth

Thinking of selling up- what’s it worth

Hey team, thinking of selling my pistols. Just too much of a headache with new club rules and reloading components so damn expensive.

I have no idea of the market for b cat at the moment so any rough ideas be good. Or even the bloody process now.

Glock 34, great cond and shoots well. Maybe 800 rounds on it. I think 4-5 mags.

Ruger mk3 .22. Shoots nice and done less than 800 rounds easy. Wooden grips. Will have a red dot plate (I’ll keep my fastfire). 4 mags.

Cz sp01 all black, great nick and shoots great. About 800 rounds. And probably 4-5 mags. Ghost holster.

The process is somewhat simplified now without the need to get a 'pink slip' from a club armorer. Once the permit to procure is completed (carbon copy triplicate, one for seller, buyer, and FSA/police), then the pistol can be handed over/delivered. The new owner shows evidence (in person or photograph with license) to their local AO that the pistol has been received. This is obviously in addition to registration.

The used pistol market has price adjusted back down a little bit since the rabid increases of 2019/20, but I dont think pistol prices went as high as used rifles did, so the prices haven't dropped that much.

I don't know about Glock 34's, but Ive seen a few g17 gen3 go for ballpark 6-800 depending on condition and spare mags.
    Ruger mk2 seem to be anywhere from 4-800 depending on condition and accessories included, not sure about the mk3.
    I own a cz75 pre-B so can't help you on the SP01 either!
    Fly-My-Pretties likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by -BW- View Post
    The process is somewhat simplified now without the need to get a 'pink slip' from a club armorer. Once the permit to procure is completed (carbon copy triplicate, one for seller, buyer, and FSA/police), then the pistol can be handed over/delivered. The new owner shows evidence (in person or photograph with license) to their local AO that the pistol has been received. This is obviously in addition to registration.

The used pistol market has price adjusted back down a little bit since the rabid increases of 2019/20, but I dont think pistol prices went as high as used rifles did, so the prices haven't dropped that much.

I don't know about Glock 34's, but Ive seen a few g17 gen3 go for ballpark 6-800 depending on condition and spare mags.
    Ruger mk2 seem to be anywhere from 4-800 depending on condition and accessories included, not sure about the mk3.
    I own a cz75 pre-B so can't help you on the SP01 either!

Cheers BW, will be a sad day that’s for sure
    Scouterkotare likes this.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Is the CZ a shadow or shadow2? Asking for an old a with to many pistols.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Glock 17's gen 4 go for $7-800, glock 34's cant be used in production so a smaller market but if tidy probably the same $800. More if gen5.
    CZ Sp01 - $1100ish
    Ruger- I don't really know $6-800?
    PistolNZ trading post is probable the place to list them. Prices are pretty rough and obviously condition dependent etc
    Fly-My-Pretties likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    Is the CZ a shadow or shadow2? Asking for an old a with to many pistols.
    Hi rushy shadow 1

Quote Originally Posted by Howa1500 View Post
    Glock 17's gen 4 go for $7-800, glock 34's cant be used in production so a smaller market but if tidy probably the same $800. More if gen5.
    CZ Sp01 - $1100ish
    Ruger- I don't really know $6-800?
    PistolNZ trading post is probable the place to list them. Prices are pretty rough and obviously condition dependent etc
    Cheers roughly what I thought too. Will take some pics
    Scouterkotare likes this.