Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Lone Peak Razor 28 Nosler

Quote Originally Posted by Tribrit View Post
    I like the idea of this.

Could never justify it over my Carbonlite at half the price and twice the resale.
    carbonlights are around $5k new? most of the customs are between the $6-8k mark depending on parts and options chosen etc and most guys who have the custom rifles built normally do so as they want a specific caliber/cartridge that isn't factory available etc nice to have options
    GWH, hotsoup and cameronjackwhite like this.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    What are the two holes/inserts? on the left side of the stock for?
    The holes are inserts for flush cups so you can sling the rifle from the side
    veitnamcam likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by camo wsm View Post
    carbonlights are around $5k new? most of the customs are between the $6-8k mark depending on parts and options chosen etc and most guys who have the custom rifles built normally do so as they want a specific caliber/cartridge that isn't factory available etc nice to have options
    Oh dont get me.wrong, its a bloody wicked rifle.

And the 28 Nozzle Rocket is awesome, Id love to have one
    camo wsm likes this.

Be interested to see how second hand prices on Carbonlites or any expensive factory rifle for that matter, plays out after a couple of years. I suspect it might not be that different to a custom build. Ie You’re likely lose 40-50% on either item. The risk with custom build is you start higher and often, as Camo wsm stated, the build is very specific and there for a more limited market. Having said that if you buy a quality action and look after it then it should out last your or my life time. Barrels are consumables - they have a limited life time and will need to be replaced. I was once given some wise advice - when you have an accurate action, NEVER sell it.
    GWH likes this.

Carbonlites will depreciate just like all other guns. Sako will release the next big thing that will see the Carbonlites getting sold... normal evolution of rifle manufacturing...
    Warm Barrels!

GWH
    I've only built one full custom rifle. Also a 28 Nosler.

In my opinion there was something quite special about the whole process from planning the build, researching and sourcing your own choice of components.

Choosing the Smith to do the machining and piece all the parts together and having input into the specs of the chambering etc

Seeing it all come together into a fine looking firearm that shoots as good as it looks.

Knowing that there is not one factory rifle part in it and that no one else has a rifle exactly the same is also something I enjoy about my custom rifle.

And those are the things I think about every time I take it out of the safe, long after forking out the folding stuff.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk