Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Astrolux FT03 SST40/XHP50.2 Spotlight Clearance

Over 20% off on both Astrolux FT03 models.

SST40 model - $85
    XHP50.2 model - $90

I have way too many in stock since they used to be my best seller until Covid came along. The SST40 version has been said to be a better choice than a Maxtoch Shooter 2X. The range I measured exceeds the factory rating, measured 1,040m. The 2X is 1,200m, I measured 1,146m, but for the sheer value of these it's been a no brainer for many hunters after a handheld.

I'm not knocking Maxtoch, but quite a few customers have complained about non-stop issues with the Shooter 2X model.

Comment from the FishnHunt Forum

"Had nothing but trouble from mine . Had mudgripz fix mine a few times for free (such a good fella) in the end gave up on it. Purchased a new torch from Jacob at piercing the darkness and it is just as good and half the price. Great guy to deal with .Torch has gone mint for the last year."

One thing to clear up is the Maxtoch 2X will operate on High for the full duration of the battery, whereas these get hot and step down after X minutes. The 2X is of course superior, as it should be for the price.