Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: 22-250

Fulla
    Maybe 22br...
    Iv got 80's doing about 3200. It will equal the 22-250 with less powder. There's plenty of debates about the two, some say the br is inheritly more accurate.

If you are getting a new barrel go for the 22-250AI chamber your brass will last longer and you can up the velocity if you wish, I had mine done with a 1:10" twist it would put Hornady 60 grain HP
    all through the same hole at 100 metres and turn 52 grain match bullets in to smoke with max loads,
    I really only had it done to get a longer brass life it did that very well the 40 degree shoulder stops the brass stretching only neck sized the cases had a body die to bump the shoulder back
    every 5 reloads could reach 22-250 velocities with lower pressure and still have a 100 fps more on tap if needed.
    Beaker and Tommy like this.

I've had a few. If going with a custom fast twist tube consider the AI version. You have to trim cases with this one. WW 748 and WW760 are good alternatives to 2208 if needed.
    Beaker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmwsm View Post
    Or get a Swift. Sounds quite similar.
    The 22-250AI is a bit faster than the swift when loaded to max and factory Swifts have 1:14" twist barrels

the 53grain vmax is pretty slippery .290 bc.
    Feather or Shoot likes this.