Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mikee

Thread: 6.5 Cal in Canterbury

6.5 Cal in Canterbury

Just chucking it out there, Anyone in Canterbury reloading for a 6.5 that would like to split a packet of projectiles. 25 to 50 would be enough to do some inital development with I would think.....

Go out to Gunworks and buy a couple of sampler packets (15 projectiles in each)... sensible buying

What projectiles you thinking of trying??
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Yeah nah, Thanks anyway. Not keen on paying a preimum for someone to repackage lumps of copper n lead. Same reason I don't buy pre packaged veges.....

Ones that heat seek animals - nah ones that preform well over a range. 123 and 140 amax, those interbonds sound good, open mind really. Something that preforms in a rem 7 twist 260.

I have some 140gr Speer spitzers and some Highland 139 SP. Not sure whether they are what you would be keen on but I'd part with some of them if you dont want a whole packet. I think I may have about 50 of each but please dont quote me on that. The speer are about $60 to $70 per 100 so 60c each and you can get what you want as far as volume. The highland were about $45 per 100 so 45c each. I think we had some SST somewhere here but they are still sealed in a 100 pack but the if I can find them the price might be OK too.

Amax job done

Projectiles are cheap even the premium ones, and only needing 1/2 a box for "initial load development" wow.

Just buy a box or boxes, they are the cheapest part of the operations. 130gn Accubonds are good as are the 140s, and the LRX's in my 6.5/ If you want cheap and cheerful the Sierra 100gn HP ones shoot really well in my mini 6.5 and are about 55 busks a box to boot. Not sure I'd use them on big things though
    Uplandstalker likes this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.