Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: 7mm08 suppressed loads

7mm08 suppressed loads

I have a 7mm08 suppressed Browning and am looking for a load that is around 2000ft/ps. Does anyone know what i can use?

I thought a 7mm08 was already suppressed

R93
    Why mate? They will be as loud as 2800ft loads within reason. Get below a 1000fps and they will be pretty good.

Not really worried about it being loud - just wanna slow down the bullet for when shooting in the bail - bullets at the moment are going straight thru the animal. If we had it at around 1000fps what distance would we get? sorta want the best of both worlds - the distance if we need it and being slow enuf for the short bail shots.

AB Precision
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkangel View Post
    Not really worried about it being loud - just wanna slow down the bullet for when shooting in the bail - bullets at the moment are going straight thru the animal. If we had it at around 1000fps what distance would we get? sorta want the best of both worlds - the distance if we need it and being slow enuf for the short bail shots.
    get a 3030 or nother pig hunting cal that would be mint

R93
    Sorry I thought you wanted quiet when you mentioned the suppressor. You could try a heavy soft lead tipped pill and a bulky powder. Retumbo, trail boss. You can just reduce the charge of your current load and get a heavier pill.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkangel View Post
    Slowing the same pill down will most likly increase penitration not lessen it! Try a light frangible pill that will disintegrate. Ballistic tip perhaps ( the actual ballistic tip not any pill with a plastic point as many call them)
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Yeah don't slow them down or the bullet won't fragment or expand. Try the Hornady SSTs. I use 139 grainers. They leave a fist size hole if you hit a goat side on, and will fully expand on a heart/lung shot on even a small red. That's my experience anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Slowing the same pill down will most likly increase penitration not lessen it! Try a light frangible pill that will disintegrate. Ballistic tip perhaps ( the actual ballistic tip not any pill with a plastic point as many call them)
    2 of my most irrational dislikes in shooting.Calling any bullet with a polymer tip a" balistic tip" and calling projectiles "pills" so that 50% for you vietnamcam, i guess thats a pass
    "You'll never find a rainbow if you're looking down" Charlie Chaplin

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by sneeze View Post
    2 of my most irrational dislikes in shooting.Calling any bullet with a polymer tip a" balistic tip" and calling projectiles "pills" so that 50% for you vietnamcam, i guess thats a pass
    What ballistic tip pills do you use sneeze?
    veitnamcam and Rich007 like this.

stop it, you'r making my face twitch
    7mmsaum likes this.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by sneeze View Post
    stop it, you'r making my face twitch

Seriuosly though. I only type pill/s coz I am to lazy most times to type projectiles. And as far as ballistic tip projectiles go are not most polymer tip projectiles trying to achieve the same thing as well as shifting the C of G and increasing BC? After all you need a hollow point to utilise a plastic/polymer tip.
    Last edited by R93; 05-05-2012 at 06:03 PM.

Same here re: the pills to lazy to type projectiles.
    But I hate the hut discussions/internet discussions around 'ballistic tips" and how they blow up/pencil threw only good up close no good up close etc etc.
    When you eventually sift threw the bulshit 95% of them are not even talking about "ballistic tips" they are talking about some bullet with a plastic tip.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Same here re: the pills to lazy to type projectiles.
    But I hate the hut discussions/internet discussions around 'ballistic tips" and how they blow up/pencil threw only good up close no good up close etc etc.
    When you eventually sift threw the bulshit 95% of them are not even talking about "ballistic tips" they are talking about some bullet with a plastic tip.
    You wanna fill me in then? Because ballistic tip to me is a bullet with a plastic tip and core with lead around that then the copper jacket like the SSTs. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post

Seriuosly though. I only type pill/s coz I am to lazy most times to type projectiles. And as far as ballistic tip projectiles go are not most polymer tip projectiles trying to achieve the same thing as well as shifting the C of G and increasing BC? After all you need a hollow point to utilise a plastic/polymer tip.
    Have you tried typing" bullets"? its quite easy even for those of us without thumbs. Yes the polymer tip serves the same purpose for all manufactures but a ballistic tip is a bullet made by nosler, its a softish skinned cup and core projectile designed to be effective at longer ranges with lower velocities.Other than actually being a bullet it has very little in common with the hornady interbond,nosler accubond , Barnes ttsx and the like.