Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: ADI 4Kg Rifle Powders

From some quick research it looks like the likely contender for the reclassification is UN0509 which is 1.4C. That would have to come from ADI to change the hazard classification.

But the thing is that the Shipping Container is " Fixed " . He cannot change the container , economically , so the only way to do it is to fill the container until he reaches tipping point .
    What he is playing with is the shipping classification , when it reaches the shop then it reverts to 1.3 because the plastic container is no match for the powder . For the Civy world economics rule , for the Military world it's how can some dumb p#ick wreck it .

It actually doesn't mater how or why...all that matters is if we can get it.

Why doesn't ADI sell 2217 or 2225 in 4KGs where Hodgdon do H1000 & Retumbo in 8lb....

I asked a Thales rep that question two years running & got silly answers so I left it....all that matters is can we get it ?

How much it costs is secondary

Quote Originally Posted by Oli1102 View Post
    Hey 40mm, sadly i don't have any empty 4kg bottle, but i can save empty 500g ones for you if that helps?
    Thanks mate, I already have some of those. Will wait for a 4 kg one to turn up. Cheers
    Use enough gun

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Greg View Post
    It actually doesn't mater how or why...all that matters is if we can get it.
    Very true! just a query that’s all! Hopefully we can get the 4Kgs across the ditch it in the near future.