Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By dogmatix
  • 2 Post By Feral
  • 2 Post By Hurricane

Thread: Reloading for 300wm

Reloading for 300wm

Hay guys just after some advice, was thinking about buying some projectiles and other components and hopefully find someone who would be able to show me how to reload for my rifle,, and then start buying the gear i need.. and with all the shortages of ammo these days if i can get some components to get started what should i go for?, i like the heavier pills, if i was to buy projectiles, powder, primers etc wheres a good place to start, i saw some hornady 208eldm on trademe would they be a good projectile to buy? Even just to watch someone reload would be awesome..Thanks for any advice

Just head into Gunworks and get everything you need.
    MattyR and Larskramer like this.
    Welcome to Sako club.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyR View Post
    Hay guys just after some advice, was thinking about buying some projectiles and other components and hopefully find someone who would be able to show me how to reload for my rifle,, and then start buying the gear i need.. and with all the shortages of ammo these days if i can get some components to get started what should i go for?, i like the heavier pills, if i was to buy projectiles, powder, primers etc wheres a good place to start, i saw some hornady 208eldm on trademe would they be a good projectile to buy? Even just to watch someone reload would be awesome..Thanks for any advice
    I reload for my 300WM but it can be a bit unforgiving for someone starting out on the press.

Happy to chat if you PM me your number, I'll share what I do / don't do. I'm not an expert by any stretch, but Im at 6+ reloads on federal brass and the rifle shoots 0.6MOA or less using 208s. It's my go-to rifle up here.

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk
    Shearer and MattyR like this.

208s go great in mine with 2217/H1000.
    First firing spaces off the belt, subsequent shots headspace off the shoulder like all others. I never found it an issue.
    Feral and MattyR like this.
    The member formally known as Spitfire

Thanks for the help guys, and even offering to show me how its done, appreciate it.