Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes
  • 5 Post By viper
  • 1 Post By Steve123
  • 1 Post By Gibo
  • 2 Post By Steve123

Thread: Rabbit hunting permissions (Around Auckland)

Rabbit hunting permissions (Around Auckland)

hello everyone I'm new to this site and was seeking a little advice if I may.im looking for farmers who have rabbit control problems on there land who need help reducing numbers and rodents,rabbits,birds etc I'm a responsible young engineer Who loves hunting, the hard part is finding the permissions to hunt from land owners .I would love to help out anyway I can on your farm i.e fixing fences moving machinery clearing out animals anything I could do to help as gratitude for permission so if anyone has any advice on the best way to get permission I would be greatly appreciative I'm looking to have long lasting relationships with troubled farmers until im not needed anymore im full time employed as a civil engineer. thank you very much for taking the time to read my post

Firstly welcome to the forum , this subject has being asked on this forum many times before and the answer is basically always the same.
    "You need to get out and knock on doors". This forum is more of a knowledge base of guys who share technical info, opinions and experiences.
    Chances are no one here is going to offer you a patch to shoot ( unless you are very lucky) however they will provide ideas on how to do it.
    So here's mine. Get in your car and drive to an area and knock on doors. Don't rock up dressed in Camo and looking like Rambo's distant cousin. Be polite and explain why you are there. Get used to hearing a lot of "NO" but stay smiling and polite , thank them anyway and try the next one.
    Sooner or later you will gain access and be away. Just remember it's a privilege to be granted access so look after the place, close gate's, be careful around stock etc.
    Stick with it and you will have success, it's a good challenge and a great way to work on your people skills.
    Good luck
    sako75, Dougie, sometimes and 2 others like this.

^^^^What he said^^^^^
    Once you get a place to shoot on others will follow. What ever you do don't act like a trigger happy idiot, Don't shoot near or in the direction of stock and remember lots will say no due to H&S bullshit . Remember that Auckland now has a belt of smallish life sentence blocks surrounding it as well so make sure you go reasonably far out of town.
    Dougie likes this.

You are going about this all wong. Sorry couldn't help myself
    Steve123 likes this.

Sent from my SM-G388F using Tapatalk
    sako75 and Fawls like this.

Gone but not forgotten Gapped axe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve123 View Post

Sent from my SM-G388F using Tapatalk
    wong thread, Blame Gibo I guess. Best advise is to get out and do the yards door knocking, expect a few no's and the odd yes. You should expect to travel a bit from Auckland I suspect. Your attitude should see you OK. Good luck
    "ars longa, vita brevis"