Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: going for a hunt next weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
    Take your dear with you,then you win win
    If I do that I will never get out of the bloody tent
    Dundee likes this.
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

I reckon we'll have to work some dates out & get away for a weekend Hunter Oamaru labor weekend .

Maybe a sneak round over behind Spooks place might be a plan
    Gun control means using both hands

yep never go bush expecting to shoot something........just go to enjoy urself mate.........take ur time and enjoy the scenery.............a deer is a bonus not a necessity ..have fun
    7mmsaum, veitnamcam and Scouser like this.
    GUNS DON"T KILL PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!
    PEOPLE with PSYCHIATRIC PROBLEMS
    NEGLECTED by the HEALTH SYSTEM
    KILL PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Working bee from the other forum camping at Army rd weekend of 18th 19th.
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

I'm in the Kaimai Mamaku that weekend 18/19
    Gun control means using both hands

Planning a wee walk of me own Ross..... Might even stretch her out to an ovanight job if I'm allowed.....proly have to wait till 18-19 tho as I still don't have a suitable pair of boots after the Asolos fell apart.... Still bloody waiting for smiths city to get them in to try on....hopefully tomorrow day

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinehunter0 View Post
    Planning a wee walk of me own Ross..... Might even stretch her out to an ovanight job if I'm allowed.....proly have to wait till 18-19 tho as I still don't have a suitable pair of boots after the Asolos fell apart.... Still bloody waiting for smiths city to get them in to try on....hopefully tomorrow day
    Hope it all pans out for ya Matt, I have got a pair of Cnell hunting boots which I got off trademe and they are pretty comfortable and warm for the price

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

Outta here leaving for clements right now , will be at clements clearing if anyone wishes to check up to make sure I am there
    sako75, Dundee and Scouser like this.

Back home again saw lots of deer prints and lots of deer shit one lot was still warm, then some one decided to sight their rifle in at the campsite followed by a helicopter spraying the young pines all in close vicinity to where I was so that was my day buggered. Time to start looking at other areas to hunt up there or go for another trip to Oamaru hut again

Don't you just love arseholes that do that sort of thing
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

As much as it is a piss-off when someone decides to either sight their rifle in or just have a good ol'bomb up it is to be expected when one is hunting the road side or road end, and everyone has a sense of entitlement that allows it. Two weeks ago my nephew and his mate had a bomb up at my place, I imagine anyone hunting in the area would have been pissed at the 350 rounds they let off.
    Helicopters over the Forest Park are a common thing and as the deer are not targeted they may move, but not far, and hey! they may even chase the animals in your direction.
    If the unproductive time spent walking to the Oamaru Hut was spent walking at right angles to Clements Road, you would be in an entirely different ball game and a long way from the day trippers that frequent Clements.
    Dougie likes this.
    Which is worse, ignorance or apathy...I don't know and don't care.

Sighting in at a public campsite is not quite the same as bombing up on private land though
    phillipgr likes this.
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post
    Sighting in at a public campsite is not quite the same as bombing up on private land though
    Are there rules?
    Which is worse, ignorance or apathy...I don't know and don't care.

Oh well that is this weeks episode of Clements Rd finished again. And was still better than watching TV. Thanks Hunter308
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Yip road end camps and hunts suck. Usually find lazy arse quad bike types driving up and down the road at all hours trying to find a easy deer. This type of person is normally unfit, a drinker, and does not give a shit about anyone else around. Last time I was camped up the waipakahi, 12 at nite a couple of dudes turn up and start spotlighting down on the river flats. Not far from where that poor girl was shot cleaning her teeth. They were shooting on doc land during a pubic holiday. Go figure. Nothing wrong with a few beers mind u. Hunter 308. U should have stayed here and hunted. It's a long way to drive, just to give up and come home. Don't let wankers spoil your weekend.