Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Kaimais

Quote Originally Posted by deadidick View Post
    Looks pretty nice up top though. How long of a trek from the carpark?
    14 km from carpark BoP side and 7 km from road end Waikato.
    Which is worse, ignorance or apathy...I don't know and don't care.

Thanks Gibo, just got me one on line. Wow that's a new experience, never new Doc to be so efficient.

Shit Spook, you might want to complain to the council about their road maintenance is that your road? That look pretty nasty. We whinge In Riverhead about the pot holes and lack of foot paths, spill your latte when you are walking home from the café... That looks like it would suck the shoes of horses, or possibly lose the horses themselves.
    The road is just how we like it...rang the Western Bay Council one time asking if they could clean up the car park area as the stink from dumped animal offal was shocking...they went out the same day and sorted it out...top people.
    DanS likes this.

@Bonecrusher...this not your avatar, or is it?

Name:  IMG_0647.JPG
Views: 572
Size:  651.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Spook View Post
    The road is just how we like it...rang the Western Bay Council one time asking if they could clean up the car park area as the stink from dumped animal offal was shocking...they went out the same day and sorted it out...top people.
    Yep Fair enough there Spook. It would turn into a highway if it was in reasonable nick, be all sorts creeping about the place. Bound to get a few pricks who spoil it for the rest of us.
    Looks like a fine back yard though.

Yep Fair enough there Spook. It would turn into a highway if it was in reasonable nick, be all sorts creeping about the place. Bound to get a few pricks who spoil it for the rest of us.
    Looks like a fine back yard though.
    It is a great piece of country...on the Waikato side there are about 18 slips that have been down since April and may be cleared by years end...the lack of people using the track is noticeable and sometimes I think it would be great that it was never reopened...I find it hard to believe the number of hunters that wont hunt the area because they cant drive the track...I wonder at times as to what they did up in the bush.

No that's not the same falls my photo is well off the beaten track doubt if many at all know they exist old FS track from the 70s. I'm always exploring new area's in the Kaimai's

It is a great piece of country...on the Waikato side there are about 18 slips that have been down since April and may be cleared by years end...the lack of people using the track is noticeable and sometimes I think it would be great that it was never reopened...I find it hard to believe the number of hunters that wont hunt the area because they cant drive the track...I wonder at times as to what they did up in the bush.
    Yep I hear ya, probably the time of year you see a few of those types getting out and about. But the rugged track would be good for you local fellas and the keen hunters willing to put in a few miles on foot. No lazy truck hunters any way.

Dumped offal at a road end down this way too. Nice looking country Spook.
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

The photo in post #13 shows wheel ruts, so before the April slips it was possible to drive up there...the depression in the ground in front of the camera is the North - South track...photo taken facing North...track re-enters the bush on the right of the furtherest large grass clearing...to the right is the Mt Eliza...track to the Mt Eliza mine is a short distance into that bush and loops back around to car park (BoP side)...a nice quick walk for a day out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonecrusher View Post
    No that's not the same falls my photo is well off the beaten track doubt if many at all know they exist old FS track from the 70s. I'm always exploring new area's in the Kaimai's
    My photo is taken right on the beaten track...but very few people would have ever seen it.

There are wheel tracks...

Attachment 31067
    Spook i have a feeling it would have been possible to pedal your horse around the mud hold

On the topic of offal and trash being left around last time i went up Thompson's from your side there was 2 whole fellow deer left rotting just by the little church and another on the side of the track. I didn't even think there were fellow up there.
    If god didn't want us to eat animals he wouldn't have made them out of food.

Quote Originally Posted by possummatti View Post
    Spook i have a feeling it would have been possible to pedal your horse around the mud hold

On the topic of offal and trash being left around last time i went up Thompson's from your side there was 2 whole fellow deer left rotting just by the little church and another on the side of the track. I didn't even think there were fellow up there.
    I didn't know there is a church up Thompsons'...let alone fallow deer...after all these years living here I have never spotted the church...I must get out more and be more observant.
    Barefoot, Chris and Pengy like this.

I didn't know there is a church up Thompsons'...let alone fallow deer...after all these years living here I have never spotted the church...I must get out more and be more observant.
    If you search hard enough the church is usually out and about just after sunrise. I meant the church where u turn off at manawaru
    If god didn't want us to eat animals he wouldn't have made them out of food.

Quote Originally Posted by possummatti View Post

Yes, one can take the soft cock side trail...

Name:  IMG_1165.JPG
Views: 544
Size:  657.8 KB

But, then that also has it's pit falls

Name:  IMG_0804.JPG
Views: 549
Size:  629.4 KB
    possummatti likes this.

Hey Fellas,
    I been reading the posts and I see a fear few of you guys get up the Kaimais.
    My evil boss has sent me down to Tauranga till xmas to finish off a company job. On the quiet I'm thinking this could be quiet good. I can sneak off to the Kaimai for a hunt or two if I manage my time properly.
    From what I have seen on the Google earth and the maps, there is a lot of nice slips and clearings, but from the blogs it sounds like some typical NI dark native guts with heinous Stupple Jack ( Bring the secateurs),a nd looks like some steep terrain in most places.
    I know its a bit checky to expect a good lead with out putting in the hard yards to find the animals, but if anyone could point me a general direction It would be appreciated. (shoot me a PM if preferred)

Can anyone tell me what sort of nick Thompsons track is in. I got a 1kz Hilux but would be keen to drive the track for a nosey.
    Animals are easy to find in the Kaimais'...just pull them out of the mudholes...

Name:  IMG_0696.JPG
Views: 703
Size:  550.6 KB
    deadidick likes this.