Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sauer

Thread: South Island first timer

South Island first timer

Hey everyone, wanting to plan a trip to the South Island in mid april-mid may to target reds and hopefully my first tahr but as the title shows I’ve never hunted down those ways except for Stewart island. Im a CNI sika hunter most of the time so looking forward to heading south for some new experiences.
    Keen to head to the West Coast but don’t know where to start looking for good areas that will hold animals. Not Looking for your favourite secret spots but just some advice on where to start looking at good areas/tracks or also as another option to look into which chopper businesses would you recommend.

Many thanks, Jordy

Quote Originally Posted by JMJW View Post
    Hey everyone, wanting to plan a trip to the South Island in mid april-mid may to target reds and hopefully my first tahr but as the title shows I’ve never hunted down those ways except for Stewart island. Im a CNI sika hunter most of the time so looking forward to heading south for some new experiences.
    Keen to head to the West Coast but don’t know where to start looking for good areas that will hold animals. Not Looking for your favourite secret spots but just some advice on where to start looking at good areas/tracks or also as another option to look into which chopper businesses would you recommend.

Many thanks, Jordy
    grab that SPOT X book........ has it all

If you’re looking for a helicopter operator in South Westland for hunting it would be hard to find better than James Scott at Karangarua.
    IamHackmeat likes this.