Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: South island roar

R93
    Having worked one way or another in the venison industry for a fair while, I have never once come across any so called hunter to turn down a chance at shooting deer from a machine.

Way back on the other forum I got abused by all types because of what I did for a crust.
    One of the most outspoken members jumped at my offer to have a go, when we met one day.

He come out on a couple runs and eventually shot a load for me after a rather shakey start. 😆

He said he loved every second of it and had a new outlook on what was involved.
    He became a pretty good mate and we have hunted together a few times.
    However, I still like to sometimes call him a hypocrite as he never once questioned where we were or if we were allowed to be there.😆

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Quest likes this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    Having worked one way or another in the venison industry for a fair while, I have never once come across any so called hunter to turn down a chance at shooting deer from a machine.

Way back on the other forum I got abused by all types because of what I did for a crust.
    One of the most outspoken members jumped at my offer to have a go, when we met one day.

He come out on a couple runs and eventually shot a load for me after a rather shakey start. ��

He said he loved every second of it and had a new outlook on what was involved.
    He became a pretty good mate and we have hunted together a few times.
    However, I still like to sometimes call him a hypocrite as he never once questioned where we were or if we were allowed to be there.��

I am sure you are right. I have never shot deer (or any other animal) from a helicopter but I am fairly certain that were I ever given the opportunity, I would be into it faster than a soldier into a brothel.
    Boaraxa likes this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by 223nut View Post
    He did a bloody good job supporting kaikoura through the quake moving supplies and people...... If he is out warm withen the conditions that are set then good on him. That's coming from someone who hunts the same areas the flies
    The fact He's been caught hunting RHA and poaching Deer on private Farms , should mean he has no credibility
    veitnamcam likes this.
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by Munsey View Post
    The fact He's been caught hunting RHA and poaching Deer on private Farms , should mean he has no credibility
    Ok I stand corrected on that point
    madjon_ likes this.

Halo's just a top chopper pilot, doing what he has done for years, trying to pay the bills. And sometimes he may push the boundaries, possibly even fly over them, who knows, most of us are never there to witness it if he does. And if it should happen to hit the fan I would happily fly with him, he's one helluva pilot.
    If you've got a gripe regarding WARO, then take your grizzles to the dept involved, you know that anti hunter, holier than thou dept that is hell bent on killing our environment with 1080. They are the ones that allow it, they are the ones that encourage it, they are the ones that issue the concessions. And until WARO is no longer allowed, there will be helicopter pilots trying to earn a living doing what they do best, which may very well be wild animal recovery.
    I'd suggest we just all stop the bitchin' and just get out there and do some huntin', - the choppers dont get them all!
    R93 likes this.

So to sum up:

1: Roar is cancelled in south island due to no deer left, helicopter shot them all

2: All we do is argue down here anyway
    veitnamcam likes this.

R93
    Totally agree that poaching private land or an RHA when on waro ops is bullshit and shouldn't be done. Anyone doing so should at minimum, loose their concession.

I just get fucked off with the bullshit attacks by people on here regarding a person's character.

(I have only met the pilot in question briefly while on frost protection once.)

It is like being caught for poaching in a machine is the greatest crime in the world.

He broke a rule/law.
    How many of you wanting him to fall out the sky or think he is a leech have never broken a hunting permit rule?
    Or maybe got a bit heavy on your vehicles gas pedal?

Last edited by R93; 30-01-2017 at 11:26 AM.

Banned
    People are losing their vehicles, their rifles and their firearms licenses for it down here, as well as getting a conviction and fined. Since when does doing it in a helicopter make it ok?

I wasn't attacking his character, I was describing it. I didn't make him do it.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlsen Highway View Post
    People are losing their vehicles, their rifles and their firearms licenses for it down here, as well as getting a conviction and fined. Since when does doing it in a helicopter make it ok?

I wasn't attacking his character, I was describing it. I didn't make him do it.
    So they should.

Yet how many have been done to that extreme for poaching public land?

We the public do not own the animals on private or public land so it is not theft. It is illegal hunting.

There is imo, a difference here and it shows how completely selfish/unobjective people can be.

Get caught ilegal hunting on foot and you may loose your FA, guns and vehicle but at the end of the day you can still earn a living.

After a while you may get everything back depending on circumstances.

How is it fair if they confiscate 10-20 times the investment in gear a poacher on foot would likely have had, along with a means to earn a living?

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    I am sure you are right. I have never shot deer (or any other animal) from a helicopter but I am fairly certain that were I ever given the opportunity, I would be into it faster than a soldier into a brothel.
    Ditto....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We the public do not own the animals on private or public land so it is not theft. It is illegal hunting.
    They are, while on private or public land, owned my the private owner/occupier and the crown respectively and it is classed as theft.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    They are, while on private or public land, owned my the private owner/occupier and the crown respectively and it is classed as theft.
    Pretty sure the crown owns/controls all the animals not private land owners.

Only stock purchased by said land holder are owned.

Happy to be corrected.

If so why are illegal hunters not charged with theft as well?

Pretty sure the crown owns/controls all the animals not private land owners.

Only stock purchased by said land holder are owned.

Happy to be corrected.

If so why are illegal hunters not charged with theft as well?

New rules there Dave.
    Deer in your paddock you own it mate.
    If i come shoot that deer its no different to me shooting that sheep you have hiding under the house.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by BRADS View Post
    New rules there Dave.
    Deer in your paddock you own it mate.
    If i come shoot that deer its no different to me shooting that sheep you have hiding under the house.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Yeah fair enough. As I said I was happy to be corrected.😆

I don't own that ewe mate. You have no idea how many people I share her with,
    she is a promiscuous wee thing😆

Didn't mean to offend you Dave.

His convictions have been well documented, there is no intention to smear all helo's with the same brush.
    veitnamcam and Munsey like this.