Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: 1000+ Rangefinders?

Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post
    If you use your gps to mark shooting posi and target posi, you should get an accurate reading from that as well. Maybe worth haveing a play and comparing it to GE/WAMS
    Yep didn't actually think of that but will give it a go for sure, might be the answer

the word horrific is hardly fair for the bushnell fusions as i have compared them to my zeiss right till dark and i can assure you there was not 3000 dollars difference.
    it was also a bit humbling that they also out ranged me as well
    value for money i rate them as i have a few mates running them and will be keen to see how the new ones go
    we have had the 15 power geovids the ten power the new swaros and my zeiss and the bushnell rfbinos out on the same day and the bushnell hold their own considering the price difference.
    the ballistic calculator if calibrated is also pretty effective out to 6 to 7 hundred yards on deer size targets we have found.
    all in all i would buy the bushnell rfb if i didnt have what i had already
    Quote Originally Posted by Proudkiwi View Post
    Dont get Swaro EL Ranges.

If you dont care about glass then maybe the new one mile Fusions (even the older ones for ranging but the glass in them is truely horrific)

1600B, Swaro Laser guide, Vectronix will all get you there.

Thats all I have had personal experience with (owned, own or used extensively)
    Barefoot likes this.
    My favorite sentences i like to hear are - I suppose so. and Send It!

Ejected
    Yukon Scout 30x50WA and 20x50 spotting scope by Yukon Optics New Zealand

Just get one of these. I have been using it next to Rushys fusion binos and get the same measurements and it ranges super quick. Great Price too.
    Tiny little light unit and will range way past what you will shoot.

PM user Yukon as he is the agent for them and will give you the best price.

what are they worth?

Can you get readings well past 1000 easy enough and do they have the option of yards?

Ejected
    $650 in the shop but if you pm him he will most likely do you a good deal. Plus your helping out a kiwi.
    tried them on a bright sunny day and was getting consistent 1.3-1.5k reading off houses and 1k readings off paddocks but haven't had a chance to range a gong past 850 yet. Had no issues with that. 3 year warranty from memory. And yes they do yards and meters, just hold the button and it will switch and cnvert.

Ejected
    They are based in Nelson and did free overnight delivery too so I could get them in time for a weekend shoot. Can't ask for more really.

I'm intending to buy myself a Yukon RF shortly - I have their spotting scope, and (aside from the lousy eye relief) are pretty damn amazing for the price.

Ejected
    If you wanted a try I could courier them to you to see if they suit your needs before you fork out any money. These are the first rangefinder I have owned but have used leica, Bushnell etc. I just couldn't justify 2k for the gunweks g7br2 to the mrs

Ejected
    Because there's not enough photos of them out there. Sorry they not the greatest and that is the longest target I could see. Round is the mighty .308 for size comparison.

Name:  20131010_120326.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  91.0 KB
    Name:  20131010_120342.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  103.4 KB
    Name:  20131010_120410.jpg
Views: 365
Size:  70.9 KB
    Name:  20131010_120808.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  57.1 KB