Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 17HMR silencer

I haven't actually bought the rifle yet. This is still in consideration, I was thinking ruger American, unless somebody out there is willing to part with a wood/blued 77/17 for a good price??

Haha.... good ask!! Cz 455 ? Interchangeable barrels look a good idea. I used one in 22 the other night. It was very accurate and classy.

Nothing wrong with a CZ, what what's this model worth?

Iv got the cz with two barrels, good gun cheap 22 ammo then swap out for 17 fun

Not sure.. but there is a 453 on trademe at a reasonable price.

Quote Originally Posted by Buck_Shot View Post
    I haven't actually bought the rifle yet. This is still in consideration, I was thinking ruger American, unless somebody out there is willing to part with a wood/blued 77/17 for a good price??
    The American is awesome I think

Sent from my workbench
    If i could have a full time job shooting pests i'm up for over time.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimySquirrel View Post
    Not sure.. but there is a 453 on trademe at a reasonable price.
    Not into heavy barrels, bought a savage 17HMR in S/S from trademe on a whim and didn't realise it was the heavy barrel model. Also came with what looked like a suppressor which looked like a home made jobby. Needless to say I sold it before even having a play with it. Seemed a good deal at the time.

It's a shame the ruger Americans aren't offered with a wooden stock, if that was the case I would jump one!

Fair enough. You can always get a boyds for it though if it's a shooter?

Quote Originally Posted by Buck_Shot View Post
    Hi all, I'm after people's opinions about the various types of suppressors on the market for a .17, ideally looking for the quietest option (obviously) Gunworks, Hardys and DPT are who I'm looking at. This is to be used on a Ruger American.

Cheers
    I have been fitting a few of the new SileNZ rim fire suppressors for customers lately. They are rated for .22Mag and .17HMR as well as the .22LR. Very high quality and well made units. Stainless thread/diffuser section, rest is 7075 alloy. Can be pulled apart easily for cleaning, no washers or springs or crap to install the wrong way round. Selling for $180 plus fitting, which I think is excellent value for a quality NZ product that is easily the equal or better of many euro design suppressors I have fitted over the years. Yes, they are very quiet and more effective than some even bigger units on the market. But like any suppressor they will not remove the supersonic crack of the high-velocity bullets. With rimfire suppressors bigger is not always better. FRP becomes an issue as well with some big and overly bulky designs. Link for SileNZ here, or you can contact me as I am a retailer/installer for them as well. Cheers, Dean.

SileNZ Rifle Suppressors - Innovative rifle sound suppressors.
    Everyone has the right to their own opinion, but that doesn't mean that every opinion is right.

First 17 hmr I bought was a CZ with a bull barrel, what a pig, no balance for offhand shooting, owned it about two months!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Appreciate your two cents worth Dean! I will further investigate my deliemma when I come to it... I scored a cheap norinco jw 23 off of trademe today. I have owned a jw 15 in the past and I was unimpressed, but a 22 magnum with 3 packs of ammo for $150! I couldn't say no... Anyway, thanks again

Yes Maca, I agree, the bull barrels are a a pain and unsightly at that!