Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Awesome Mauser

Does anyone in NZ sell them?
    VIVA LA HOWA

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclist View Post
    Heym are much the same - the Euro's seem to see a rifle as a place to put carvings etc. Lots of them come pretty plain jane even totally unfinished with the assumption that you will be having someone carve it up for you!

Attachment 4019
    Met a German guy in the bush a few years ago with a double rifle that looked like this. Was 9 mm or some huge bullet like that, let me have a good look at it.The balance & fit was amazing but at 40k guess you'd expect that & the scope was some thing special too.
    He had a guide with him for a month ,money didn't seem to be a problem though.
    Gun control means using both hands

Tread carefully in the suck... ishoot10s's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    Does anyone in NZ sell them?
    The real things are now collectors items, and you'd maybe see one in an Auction here now and then, I think I've seen one in 10 years. The modern variant is the sort of thing H&R, and I think maybe Rossi too, do with survival combos like a 20 or 12ga on top and a 7.62x39 or .223 under. That sort of thing, not a true Drilling with the three barrels. If you found a nice Drilling, it would be a serious collectors piece. I'm sure you'd find an H&R or Rossi type without looking too far in NZ.
    10MRT shooters do it 60 times, in two directions and at two speeds.

H&R and Rossi look like shit.
    VIVA LA HOWA

Tread carefully in the suck... ishoot10s's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    H&R and Rossi look like shit.
    Er, quite, and they seem to be doing swap-barrels now rather than true u/o combis... oh well. Maybe the Tikka 512 will float your boat. There are Krieghoffs which you can get here, but they'll cost you your gonads.

Are you seriously wanting a combination? After seeing you enthusiasm for playing with black powder, I'm surprised you havent tried building one yourself. You have no less than 4 .22's and at least one shotty. You could cobble together a nice rabbit gun with a 12Ga under for when a ferral cat goes screaming past. I thought about doing it. Was going to mount an old single barrel 12Ga under my 10/22 like an AR15 with an M203 under the front. On second thoughts Toby, forget I said that...
    10MRT shooters do it 60 times, in two directions and at two speeds.

That is not a dumb idea, I have 4 shotguns too haha but im not cutting any of them up. but if I see a cheap single shot that could become something. After I get that Howa of course.
    VIVA LA HOWA

Mainly hunting sell (or at least sold) Heym - they will want both your kidneys for a worked up one though!

Hmm both my kidneys aye? What about half my liver and some toes?
    VIVA LA HOWA

Toby, if you are looking for a cheap euro style double, Baikal make them and are available in NZ. I have used a baikal O/U in 30-06 in australia hunting sambar over hounds. Excellent gun for the price

I see Reloaders are selling a sxs in 45-70, that would be as close as a poor fella gets to an elephant safari gun!

22LR/410ga Baikal 94 Combination Gun | Trade Me

Nah looks pretty crappy. Im not really after one atm but it is something I hope to get my paws on.
    VIVA LA HOWA

Another one: M 03 "Arctic"

Name:  M03_MK_Arctic_01.jpg
Views: 722
Size:  98.8 KB
    Name:  M03_MK_Arctic_02.jpg
Views: 562
Size:  120.1 KB
    Name:  M03_MK_Arctic_03.jpg
Views: 723
Size:  124.9 KB
    Name:  M03_MK_Arctic_04.jpg
Views: 492
Size:  124.7 KB
    Name:  M03_MK_Arctic_05.jpg
Views: 513
Size:  114.1 KB

M 03 Arctic | Mauser Hunting Rifles
    VIVA LA HOWA

i read somewhere that purdeys present each male royal with a cased set of 12g on their 18th birthday.dunno if they still do ,but cant see wills&harry toting a coupla stoegers on an estate shoot.
    a thought "harry ,this is granny -no you may not go on the balmoral pheasent shoot with an apache attack helicopter,no you cant wear im a pheasent phucker tshirts".
    back to the subject -i really boggle at the sheer artistry that goes in to some of these custom guns, but imamongst those who say practicality comes first.
    however ,in the recent editions of gun digest theres been some kiwi craftsmen pooping up plus kiwi walnut etc ,thats pretty sweet.
    kiwijames likes this.

Not sure if this has come up earlier in the thread, Our product line | their rifles are a hell of a lot nicer than those over the top mausers.

Those are alright, but I still admire the craftsman ship that's gone into those rifles.
    VIVA LA HOWA

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Man that is beautiful. I would ruin it in a week Im not a shotgun man but I guess those holes visible in the pick are for pins to go threw to lock the action? what stops it getting loose as it wears? tapered pins?
    That is not a shotgun @veitnamcam it is a double rifle chambered in 470 Nitro Express
    Last edited by hunter308; 16-09-2014 at 08:30 PM.
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals