Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Nugget connaisseur
  • 2 Post By Husky1600#2

Thread: burris Zee rings and 0.010 inserts

burris Zee rings and 0.010 inserts

Im interested in trying a set of zee rings to obtain a little bit more upward elevation in my scope and sort of make it zero stop by using zee rings to transfer the avalible adjustment below rather than above my point of impact

I have no experiance with them but have found that you can obtain roughly 20moa by using the inserts

are you able to get slightly less than 20moa? by say using one of the 0.010 inserts and one of the 0.000 in sort of a mix and match or is it all or nothing

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...-0wQm7pUAfgMjH
    You can use a combination of the inserts. Like two 10s at 45 or 30 degrees going opposite ways. Ie. Front brings it down and to the left. Rear brings it down and to the right. It will be less than the total 20 but more than 10. It might take some minor adjustment of the angles to get it right.

Nope that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Nugget connaisseur View Post
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...-0wQm7pUAfgMjH
    You can use a combination of the inserts. Like two 10s at 45 or 30 degrees going opposite ways. Ie. Front brings it down and to the left. Rear brings it down and to the right. It will be less than the total 20 but more than 10. It might take some minor adjustment of the angles to get it right.

Nope that makes sense.
    Perfect I’ll read that thru enough times till it sinks in.
    I’m not trying to sort a miss alignment but I don’t quite have enough in the scope left before bottoming out for the total 20moa likely from using the 0.010 but I’d like to get as close to that as possible which is 5.4mil at most estimatingso most likely less

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The inserts are available in 0, 5, 10, and 20moa offset. They are designed to be used in pairs a “+” and a “-“. Harder to find in 30mm rings than 25 in my experience.

I just re-read the manual. They come with a 5,10 and 20.
    10 and a 5 would be better to get 15. Just move the front down by 5. and the rear up by 10 and job done. 15 MOA in total down. Its approximate only as the distance the rings are apart will change the adjustment a little bit.

I brought a set second hand and it had two 10s with it and no spare inserts.
    Bill999 likes this.

The actual amount of moa you get is relevant to the distance between the rings. Try 10 up and 10 down, it's might surprise you and get you bang on where you want to go, especially if the rings are mounted far part like on a LA pic rail. I got almost 20 from 2 10's, leaving me with only about 4 clicks to bottom out. Made for a very simple and reliable zero stop.