Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By TLB
  • 2 Post By yeah_na_missed
  • 1 Post By Trout
  • 2 Post By rockland

Thread: Fiocchi .270 ammo.

Fiocchi .270 ammo.

I see fiocchi have some cheap ammo available for the 270 around 2$ per round if you buy bulk. Anyone used it? Im going to reload 145s i think but this will get me hunting for cheap but i dint want to buy 100 rounds to find out its garbage. Cheers.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

TLB
    It works fine. Definitely not a barrel stretching round though. We pulled some and I can't remember what the powder variation was but it was quite considerable.
    When one of the big chain stores have their specials on it often sells for quite a bit cheaper than that too.
    Cartman likes this.

Is it the Perfecta? Shoots well enough for me, but I'm no Rogee. Also bought some .308 in a moment of weakness from Thief City. $60 for a box ("this is a really good deal mate"). Exactly the same stuff for sale for $40 (not on special) from Kelly Country. I had said before that "the last time" after GC quoted mates $500 for something they got for $350 (not on special) from an independent, but now it really is never again. Slightly off track, but it's fine... just please support independent gun shops... the big chain stores don't need your business.
    Trout and Micky Duck like this.
    bunji likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
    I see fiocchi have some cheap ammo available for the 270 around 2$ per round if you buy bulk. Anyone used it? Im going to reload 145s i think but this will get me hunting for cheap but i dint want to buy 100 rounds to find out its garbage. Cheers.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
    Mate of mine shot a couple of deer with it out of a 270 about 150yds away.Deer fell over and didnt move.Bulk buy from GC chch,5 pkts n cheap.
    Cartman likes this.

I've been using Perfecta .308 150 gr SP for pest control. Bought 10 boxes from Kelly Country and got a good deal.

It is Fiocchi's "military grade" product so don't expect MoA accuracy; but out to about 200 yd it is good enough. Why not grab a box and try it in your rifle.

I recovered a few projectiles from deer & goats and they'd expanded beautifully. I didn't hear the animals complaining
    Trout and yeah_na_missed like this.