Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Seventenths
  • 3 Post By Tentman

Thread: Fiocchi .22 Ammo

R93

Fiocchi .22 Ammo

Went up the range today to test some gaymill loads. I havent shot any of my rifles for ages so took up the Marlin 60 and my K Hornet to shoot as well.

My Marlin really likes CCI subs...anything CCI for that matter but hardly anything else that I have tried thru it. Fearing the ammo shortage I have heard thru the retail grapevine, I thought I would try this subsonic Fiocchi (local has tons of it) that I was told was going well as far as customer reports go.

It got better the more I shot it. Probably because I actually cleaned the marlin including the barrel during lockdown out of boredom.
    While it didn't group as well as CCI at 25 and 50 it was serviceable. Hard to describe that while not being as tight as CCI, the overall group size was only slightly worse.

I may have had a large, bad batch of CCI that I am coming to the end of now as I would ususlly get a flyer say 1 in 30 rounds that would drop low. You could hear, feel and see it when shooting paper. This Fiocchi stuff while not as accurate seems consistent.

Got kicked off the range by local AOS who had the range booked so will run it over the radar when I get a chance in comparison to the cci I have left.

I know of a few Marlin 60s around and they seem to be as fussy as mine regarding ammo so would be good to hear of others experience finding a replacement for the predicted shortage of CCI.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

I’ve been running the same ammo in my 10/22 which I’ve always shot CCI subs in and found the Fiocchi better shooting in that rifle.

Same also for my CZ452 so I’m switching over to Fiocchi slowly shooting in what CCI I have left
    R93 likes this.

@R93 where is the ammo made?

I had some Mex Fiocchi subs I bought at Wilson's Hunting about 15 years ago which was absolutely stunning in a bolt gun. IIRC it wouldn't cycle my Marlin 795.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    @R93 where is the ammo made?

I had some Mex Fiocchi subs I bought at Wilson's Hunting about 15 years ago which was absolutely stunning in a bolt gun. IIRC it wouldn't cycle my Marlin 795.
    Says on the box 'Made in USA'
    Shop i work at has 300 CCI subs left but shit loads of this Fiocchi. Boss put an order in a while ago for CCI 22 ammo, CCI and Winchester primers and can get anything.
    Its not looking good.

Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    Says on the box 'Made in USA'
    Shop i work at has 300 CCI subs left but shit loads of this Fiocchi. Boss put an order in a while ago for CCI 22 ammo, CCI and Winchester primers and can get anything.
    Its not looking good.

The Fiocchi subs shoot great out of my Anschutz, I can’t get my hands on any in ChCh though.

Fiocchi is distributed by Target Products in Timaru. According to another thread they don't deal with H&F (can't blame them for that). I got a couple of boxes of Fiocchi Match 300 from Dunedin Gun City, but it must have been a one off cause the next time I called there wasn't any to be had. It shoots stunning well in all three of my "accurate" rifles.

I ordered two bricks of Fiocchi Match 320 from the local independent gunshop (about 4 months ago) and I was just informed yesterday that it had shipped.

Whilst in Auckland last week I called in at Reloaders Supplies. They had good stocks of several sorts of target ammo (SK Rifle Plus, Eley Club, CCI, Eley Action etc) . I bought a couple of bricks of various stuff and was scratching my head about getting it on the plane when they offered to ship it back to Invers for $10. And it arrived today. Bloody good deal, Toll will carry ammo (up to a certain quantity I think) depot to depot.
    R93, Matt2308 and Mathias like this.

In the past (mmm 20 years ago) I bought Fiocchi target ammo direct from Graeme? Brown at Target Products.
    About 4 years ago I bought a couple of bricks of Match 320 off his son.
    I wonder if they will still deal direct?

With them loosing farmlands as a distributor they may. No harm in asking. I will be.

Unsure of how true the statement was, but when I went hunting for CCI Subs, the local Gun City told me to try the Fiocchi as they were made in the same factory. I was sceptical, at how close the results would be, but found out of my CZ455, same POA/POI and very close to the same consistency. I would buy Fiocchi again.

MSL
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    In the past (mmm 20 years ago) I bought Fiocchi target ammo direct from Graeme? Brown at Target Products.
    About 4 years ago I bought a couple of bricks of Match 320 off his son.
    I wonder if they will still deal direct?
    Years ago I rang them direct to buy some fiocchi 32gr. Had to go through farmlands, could have gone through another gunshop but I knew a guy at farmlands so got a good deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi-adam View Post
    Unsure of how true the statement was, but when I went hunting for CCI Subs, the local Gun City told me to try the Fiocchi as they were made in the same factory. I was sceptical, at how close the results would be, but found out of my CZ455, same POA/POI and very close to the same consistency. I would buy Fiocchi again.
    I was told they were the same at ChCh Guncity.
    The CCI are supersonic in my 14” barrelled Anschutz and the Fiocchi are subsonic though, so there is a difference.