Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Hardy barrels

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    Because Dan Hardy is a complete tool. I know they say let bygones be bygones and all that stuff but I had a dealing with him several years ago where he was literally screaming down the phone all sorts of obscenities and pretty much completely lost the plot because he refused to sort out a friends rifle that he threaded and fitted a suppressor to, it was threaded on the piss and the first time he fired it with suppressor on it struck a baffle and blew a hole out the end of the suppressor (where a hole wasn't supposed to be..) he ranted and raved about how he was sick of "retarded fucking cunts who buy his products and get fucking gun city to fit them" etc etc and when I tried to tell him the rifle was sent to him to fit the suppressor he just hung up on me.
    I have NEVER had anything close to that kind of unprofessionalism in any of my dealings with any kind of retailer or service provider. Might have been having a bad week, might just be a nutcase, in any case it was pretty concerning behavior especially from someone in the firearms industry.
    That's why you only deal with Ian Hughes!

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk
    lau lau, ChrisW and Gkp like this.
    My favorite sentences i like to hear are - I suppose so. and Send It!

Quote Originally Posted by andyanimal31 View Post
    That's why you only deal with Ian Hughes!

Ian is a real good bugger.
    I had an issue not Hardy's fault and a call to Ian and he got it sorted at no charge.
    Dan wouldn't have done this from dealings I've had with him in the past, Ian has made a huge difference to their business.

Sent from my CPH2145 using Tapatalk
    lau lau, Micky Duck and Gkp like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 25/08 IMP View Post
    Ian is a real good bugger.
    I had an issue not Hardy's fault and a call to Ian and he got it sorted at no charge.
    Dan wouldn't have done this from dealings I've had with him in the past, Ian has made a huge difference to their business.

Sent from my CPH2145 using Tapatalk
    I have heard it quoted that there wouldn't be one if it wasn't for Ian and the help and sorting out he has done.
    He goes above and beyond!

lau lau, superdiver and 25/08 IMP like this.
    My favorite sentences i like to hear are - I suppose so. and Send It!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobba View Post
    Late last year I paid $1800 for new barrel, accurizing action, threading and fluting.
    Looking at those prices I see why people are buying lathes and learning to use them

It comes into context when you consider rifle prices.
    Back in 91 when I bought my winchester lightweight 243 they were about 900ish from memory and definitely not that dear compared to nowhere rifles.
    Seem to remember a rebarrel was something like 400-600 bucks but that was anecdotal and will stand to be corrected. A burnt out barrel was worth replacing.
    40 years later and there are a many rifles that are nudging 800-1000 bucks and shoot as well as anything from back then and probably better.
    Barrels and labour's has gone up and a lot of rifles have stayed the same.
    If we used a higher value rifle like a sako then it starts to look OK again.
    You can certainly see the value of a remage type self fit barrel system that quite common in the states.
    Relatively cheap mass produced reasonable quality barrel you can swap yourself with minimal tools and a headspace guage
    rupert and Micky Duck like this.