Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Hight Value(cheap) Suppressors

Caretaker
    I have a DPT on one of the 7mm08s and it does double duty on the 233, works very well on both
    A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    The DPT are barrel forward and the same price as a Spartan, if that's the price I have to pay I'd go with Rob at gun works. Though I wonder if I got one for 7mm how well it would work with 223 as well
    It will probably work fine. If you go DPT you could always buy a 223 baffle stack and interchange them.

And to add, I have had both dpt and gunworks, I like the dpt better, its much lighter and I prefer the shorter profile, although I believe Robbie has added shorter supps to his product list

I was looking the other day and gunworks have a short 50mm dia suppressor for 223 only. Anyone here tried it?
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone

The DPT are barrel forward and the same price as a Spartan, if that's the price I have to pay I'd go with Rob at gun works. Though I wonder if I got one for 7mm how well it would work with 223 as well
    If you want to swap out the internals I asked, its pretty close to the price of a new one, $225 v $300. I too wonder how much loss in performance you would get to have a .30 caliber silencer with 223 passing through it. 50% loss? not good 10%? who cares....
    "I do not wish to be a pawn or canon fodder on the whims of MY Government"

Caretaker
    [QUOTE=steven;359281]If you want to swap out the internals I asked, its pretty close to the price of a new one, $225 v $300. I too wonder how much loss in performance you would get to have a .30 caliber silencer with 223 passing through it. 50% loss? not good 10%? who cares....[/QUOTE

The 7mm DPT on my 223 is as quiet as the 223 suppressors I have here.
    steven likes this.
    A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time

Spoon and Skatieguy like this.

I share a Spartan between the .270 and 7.62x39mm
    no reason you cant share between the 2 you mention...mightn't be as super quiet with the .224 cal but wont be too much difference

I would also look at the muzzle MAE cans , I like mine for the price , I run a 22 Hornet with one , & a few 308s as well , alot of can for the money , mine cost me $230 new for the 308 can , less for the 22mag can thats on the hornet .
    steven likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    Is there such a thing as cheap and well made? Think of it like this, you only have to buy one, that's it. Hardys or Gunworks.
    Ah yes the two *not* to buy
    Blaser and BRADS like this.

Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    Ah yes the two *not* to buy
    huh?
    "I do not wish to be a pawn or canon fodder on the whims of MY Government"

Gunworks cans are terrible and HRE's might blow your face off but will be quieter than the GW one up till that point.
    338 man and BRADS like this.

Quote Originally Posted by steven View Post
    If you want to swap out the internals I asked, its pretty close to the price of a new one, $225 v $300. I too wonder how much loss in performance you would get to have a .30 caliber silencer with 223 passing through it. 50% loss? not good 10%? who cares....
    My 308 suppressor (DPT) practically lives on my 223, I was going to buy one for the as well 223 but tried this first. It seems to sound the same as a 223 suppressor I borrowed from a friend to do a comparison. So now I have a "1 size fits all" approach
    7mmsaum likes this.

Have any of the NZ hunting magazines ever done a proper (scientific) comparison of various factors for the various NZ manufactured suppressors?

If it goes Boom; I'm there faregame's Avatar
    I have Schultz and Larsen - Hardcore on my 7mm - its a modular design with the removable baffles - think they are 300 something

However they have a $200 version (Hunter) with I think 4 baffles (modular again) - very nice