Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Howa Launching New Mini Action

res
    Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    AR mags are fucking dreadful
    +1

The worst part of the design by far, if a stretchy plastic mag for the design is treated as the second coming you know there is a issue!
    Using Tapatalk

So does anyone have one of these and how well do they shoot?
    Took my 11yr old rabbit hunting on the weekend and my full size T3 .22-250 was a bit much for him size wise. Looking to get something light and shorter in the pull and thought the Howa might be a good choice.

Quote Originally Posted by hotbarrels View Post
    So does anyone have one of these and how well do they shoot?
    Took my 11yr old rabbit hunting on the weekend and my full size T3 .22-250 was a bit much for him size wise. Looking to get something light and shorter in the pull and thought the Howa might be a good choice.
    These are a good choice for a small or compact rifle. The other one to look at would be the Zastava M85 (Mini Mauser) These usually come with a wooden stock which makes them easier to reduce the size for a smaller shooter.

Have one in 223 which my kids use, they like it nice & light, shoots great 12 year old was shooting targets with it on the weekend. I think it's a great wee rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by optio View Post
    Have one in 223 which my kids use, they like it nice & light, shoots great 12 year old was shooting targets with it on the weekend. I think it's a great wee rifle.
    Are you running the factory stock? Have you shortened the pull at all for the smaller shooters? What sort of accuracy are you getting?

northdude
    Zastava or howa

Howa, standard stock don't know why but my kids will moan about using any of my other rifles but like the howa mini, stock length is similar to the other rifles, maybe it's the overall weight of the rifle.
    Will shoot under 1" @ 100yards with factory loads, neat light weight rifle.