Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: My new 3D printed 338LM can

Quote Originally Posted by ODL View Post
    The other chrony was averaging 52 fps faster but I didn't have all the shot data on that chrony. It is factory ammo made by Laupua. I would be happy to run whatever you want to run through it. The numbers are what they are. You measure and accurately record the data whether it is the desired numbers or not.
    I think you have missed his point he is asking if you have tried one of your cans with a higher pressure 338 load?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    BRADS likes this.
    Konus binoculars " The power to imagine"

ODL
    No, I didn't miss the point. As I said, he is welcome to bring his rifle and we will test my can with any ammo he wants. Strength of the primary blast chamber is not an issue. The way it is designed makes it the strongest available in the industry. Yeah, that is a pretty bold statement.

For the test with Chris's rifle I asked what ammo he wanted to run and that was factory loaded Lapua 250 grain. I would have been just as happy with a hot 300 grain hand load. His rifle, his rules.
    AzumitH and Daggers_187 like this.
    Oceania-Defence.com

Actually the reason I said 250gr , is its really the std load , first load Lapua made , and I think the Finns , when they where shooting it over doppler , said the 250gr vs the 300gr , it was only at real extreme range that the 300 was better , I cannot remember exactly , I think well past 2k ?

The speed on Berts Chrony was way low , when comparied to my Magneto speed V3 , and was close to what Lapua state for this , 2950fps is what they claim on this factory ammo .
    RE : 338LM , you will find some large variations in handloaded ammo , thats why I asked Bert to use factory as a base line for his tests , seems it dosnt matter what you do , someone thinks its not right .
    If Bert wants to do more tests with a 300gr factory load hes welcome , my bad for asking for the 250gr .

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisF View Post
    Actually the reason I said 250gr , is its really the std load , first load Lapua made , and I think the Finns , when they where shooting it over doppler , said the 250gr vs the 300gr , it was only at real extreme range that the 300 was better , I cannot remember exactly , I think well past 2k ?

The speed on Berts Chrony was way low , when comparied to my Magneto speed V3 , and was close to what Lapua state for this , 2950fps is what they claim on this factory ammo .
    RE : 338LM , you will find some large variations in handloaded ammo , thats why I asked Bert to use factory as a base line for his tests , seems it dosnt matter what you do , someone thinks its not right .
    If Bert wants to do more tests with a 300gr factory load hes welcome , my bad for asking for the 250gr .
    250gr in a lapua is like having a V8 running on 6 cylinders.
    Blaser, 199p and 338 man like this.