Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Steiner Rifle scopes

Steiner Rifle scopes

Does anyone here have any first hand experience with Steiner scopes, specifically the new model Predator 8 series. The predator 8 3-24x50 retails at $2999. At that price I'm not sure why anyone wouldn't go this route vs say a Leupold VX6. Its hard to argue against the quality of the European glass. i'm in the market for a good quality higher magnification scope for a .223 that I've just put together and seriously considering this scope
    ZeroPak Vacuum Sealers, Zero air Zero waste

No experience with that particular scope, but iv got a Military M5xi for the same price if interested

https://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co....reticle-98444/

Have you seen the new Delta Stryker 3.5-21x44?

Quote Originally Posted by DELTA NZ View Post
    Have you seen the new Delta Stryker 3.5-21x44?
    Yep I did see them. I need a 50mm Objective and SFP. I will come and see you at Sika show.

SFP boo
    nzspearo and Beetroot like this.

Feel free to take it with a grain of salt as i am the wholesaler, but the predator 8 is a great scope. The glass is at 92% light transmission and weight is spot on for the size. Adjustable turrets for your load and generous eye box.
    Olny one downside is you get one rotation from zero stop in elevation. (about 14.2MOA off the top of my head)

Quote Originally Posted by mcche171 View Post
    Feel free to take it with a grain of salt as i am the wholesaler, but the predator 8 is a great scope. The glass is at 92% light transmission and weight is spot on for the size. Adjustable turrets for your load and generous eye box.
    Olny one downside is you get one rotation from zero stop in elevation. (about 14.2MOA off the top of my head)
    Yeah, I found the Predator 8. It was my other choice. I would still like to look at 1. Will you have them at the Sika Show?

Is the predator and ranger the same scope
    Micky Duck likes this.

Hi. No the ranger is the European spec model and we in NZ run off the US spec. In a way it’s almost backwards as US typically love MIL but in this case are running MOA.

The Ranger has larger objective sizes (56mm on the 3-24) and a fire dot plex reticle. The predators have the E3 reticle and run MOA.

Anyone had some experience with these yet? Comparing the specs it looks like a good buy, but very little chat about them.

@mcche171 are you the whole saler for Burris also?
    I've been looking at reviews for the Burris XTR3 ever since it was announced but the NZ prices are crazy, more expensive than the Steiner T5xi (should be cheaper based on US prices) and the new models XTR3i and XTR Pro haven't even made it here by looks of things.

The HX6 or whatever looks mean, light and ffp but..... for some reason MOA only. It's insane how scope manufacturers keep just missing the mark on making a good mid range crossover scope. Every single time there's something

30mm tube
    2/3 - 12/18 x 40-50
    550-650gm
    Exposed elevation turret
    Zero stop
    Parallax
    Mil adjustments
    Nice mil hash FFP reticle
    Not junk
    Bagheera likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    The HX6 or whatever looks mean, light and ffp but..... for some reason MOA only. It's insane how scope manufacturers keep just missing the mark on making a good mid range crossover scope. Every single time there's something

30mm tube
    2/3 - 12/18 x 40-50
    550-650gm
    Exposed elevation turret
    Zero stop
    Parallax
    Mil adjustments
    Nice mil hash FFP reticle
    Not junk
    They've announced a Mil FFP version at shotshow.
    I'm not convinced the reticle is going to be usable at low magnification, will have to wait for reviews.

There's a thread on Snipershide about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetroot View Post
    They've announced a Mil FFP version at shotshow.
    I'm not convinced the reticle is going to be usable at low magnification, will have to wait for reviews.

There's a thread on Snipershide about it.
    mil christmas tree reticle is a bit too busy for a 2-12, just a basic mil hash would keep me happy
    Shamus_ likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    mil christmas tree reticle is a bit too busy for a 2-12, just a basic mil hash would keep me happy
    I wouldnt mind something like the Bushnell G3 reticle, but I don't think this kind of tree is well suited to the mag range.

I still have the 2.5-10x32 PST I bought off you years ago, in many ways its still one of the best scopes in this mag range.