Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Vortex Pst gen 2 vs strike eagle

Looking at getting a Pst gen 2 or a strike eagle, what's everyone's take on them. Will be used for hunting and odd competition.

I've owned and used both a fair bit.
    The Strike Eagle would be better suited to hunting as it has locking turrets. Other than that I prefer the PST.

The glass is nicer on the PST so is easier on the eyes for extended shooting sessions, the turrets are a little nicer too IMO.

I wouldn't say either was great for hunting in the usual sense but I'd imagine the better glass in the PST could be useful.
    I'd probably consider the 3-15 PST if hunting was going to be
    A main use case.

pst2 is a much better scope. no locking windage is something to be aware of tho.

I use a 3-15x44 FFP PST GenII as my hunting optic. I love it and find the glass clarity decent. Make sure your zero stop is set so you can always be confident in that if it has moved from being slung or strapped to pack.

I use the 5-25x50 FFP version for my competition chassis rifle (it’s no Kahles or Razor Gen II or III but the best I can afford). I like consistency, so my trigger, action, scope, reticle etc are identical between those rifles.