Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Dundee
  • 3 Post By JRW87
  • 1 Post By Dundee

Thread: Rights to use private property

Rights to use private property

Farmer may block access to kaimoana - Hawkes Bay Today - Hawke's Bay Today News

I agree totally with this farmer a bit of respect goes a long way.

My family have the privilege of crossing private land too get too the river and some hunting blocks.

Tonight me and one of the boys went fishing on a public river but used the access that the land owner provided and as he is a crazy dutchman we respect any land owners wishes.

He has this locked gate.

And on the way down tonight spotted a vehicle on the property with a trailer............by a stand of trees thought the dude was getting firewood,white holden and wearing high viz vest.

Thought oh year land owner must no, went fishing and never bothered them as they came into the property thru a different gate.

Thought I'd ring the land owner when I got back.

Told the guy "I saw a white holden at your block,and I shot em and dumped the vehicle in the river''

He said too me "You did good Dundee''

Conversation went on a bit longer and we figured it was the tennant dumping rubbish on the farm without permission.

We visit too the block tomorrow morning with the dutchman and he wants the crazy Dundee too be with him when we approach the tennant.

I have trouble understanding the landowner in English but when he gets wound up Dutch its is even worse!!
    gadgetman and Toby like this.
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

A phonecall and a cup if tea and a chat with someone who doesnt see alot of visitors goes along way.
    res, kidmac42 and Skatieguy like this.

Dundee I don't personally no this guy but my cousin farms out there, as do a few other locals I no.
    The guy has some issues in his head from what I here.
    There is public access there, and a new fenced road was built a few years ago.
    If he's not careful the bros from prongahau will burn his shed down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I better clear this up, the link I added is just an example of the shit farmers go through.

The crazy dutchman that owns the property I crossed last night is a totally different property.
    BRADS likes this.
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive