Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By XR500
  • 2 Post By TeRei
  • 2 Post By XR500
  • 1 Post By Russian 22.

Thread: inflatable PVC Glues options

inflatable PVC Glues options

I have a Southern Pacific 2.6M inflatable dinghy in need of repairs. I have partially completed it. the pontoons are glued on but the Transom remains.

I used Bostik 999R and Desmodur cross linker which seems to have worked a charm.

Issue I had was the air valves were leaking and sadly the transom repair I did didn't exactly set properly.

The 999R and cross linker is quite expensive. Around 200 bucks and the smallest size is 1L. I won't need that much as it is just the transom section left and if you add the cross linker to the glue it sets and is no longer usable after a little while.

I have noticed Burnsco has smaller pots of marine glue available.

https://www.burnsco.co.nz/ados-marine-glue-500ml

Has anyone used it before? Depending on how the dinghy rides it may get an 6-8hp on it.

Will bite the bullet if need be

cheers
    Last edited by Russian 22.; 24-07-2023 at 06:30 PM.

That glue is not for inflatables!!!!

Its for rigid hulled watercraft.

There's a zillion YT's on repairing PVC inflatables, and which glues to use.

Be careful pouring lots of money into an inflatable if its a lower spec/price point inflatable. And age. There's pvc and then there's pvc. The good stuff is good, and the other not so much.

Go to Incept website in Taihape they have glue for repairs. WE have 2 of their rafts.
    Russian 22. and XR500 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by XR500 View Post
    That glue is not for inflatables!!!!

Its for rigid hulled watercraft.

There's a zillion YT's on repairing PVC inflatables, and which glues to use.

Be careful pouring lots of money into an inflatable if its a lower spec/price point inflatable. And age. There's pvc and then there's pvc. The good stuff is good, and the other not so much.
    Cheers. I have only spent 400 bucks on it so far. got it for free and it is an nz made ali hulled dinghy so thought it was worth saving. If it seems like it is too much hassle I'll stick with the 3hp and just putt putt around

Quote Originally Posted by TeRei View Post
    Go to Incept website in Taihape they have glue for repairs. WE have 2 of their rafts.
    Cheers I will send them an email

Quote Originally Posted by Russian 22. View Post
    Cheers. I have only spent 400 bucks on it so far. got it for free and it is an nz made ali hulled dinghy so thought it was worth saving. If it seems like it is too much hassle I'll stick with the 3hp and just putt putt around

Cheers I will send them an email
    Incept will put you right. They have been making rafts for 30 plus years there in Taihape. Rock solid product and technical know how
    Skirch and makka like this.

MEK cement for PVC.

I googled Southern Pacific boats and it looks like they are made in NZ ?, give them a call would be my first option..

Quote Originally Posted by sore head stoat View Post
    I googled Southern Pacific boats and it looks like they are made in NZ ?, give them a call would be my first option..
    They wanted to repontoon it which was nearly the same price as a new one. They recommended 999r and desmodur but the same issue arises as I don't need much and everyone sells 1 litre plus.
    sore head stoat likes this.

Try bostik multibond . I think thats the name have used in past on pvc patches and it worked well got from bunnings in a tube .