Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By striker
  • 1 Post By 308
  • 2 Post By No.3

Thread: Hard Storage Case

Hard Storage Case

Any one recommend a hard foam lined storage case. Wanting one to put a spotter in while traveling and possible might be good to protected if using it from the side x side.
    I see super cheap has a range off sizes i would need all under $100 any experience with these?

The Original Striker
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbear View Post
    Any one recommend a hard foam lined storage case. Wanting one to put a spotter in while traveling and possible might be good to protected if using it from the side x side.
    I see super cheap has a range off sizes i would need all under $100 any experience with these?
    the super cheap ones work well
    MB, bigbear and m101a1 like this.
    Bigger Better Faster Stronger
    Handle the Jandle, or get off the Beach

The Original Striker

The super cheap ones are all right for the price, wait for a sale

They won't take the abuse that a Pelican will but, $$ are $$
    bigbear likes this.

To be fair, the only real differences between them is in the nicety of the finish, quality and robustness of the hinges and the handle and locking devices. Also the purge device and foam are better in Pelican and SKB/Storm products.

What will kill the cheaper knockoff cases will still kill a name brand one, but - the Pelican warranty is or used to be good for anything except shark or bear attack and children under 5...
    Savage1 and 308 like this.

Apparently I have a deep love affair for the supercheap hard cases according to @Padox.
    I rate them. Use a great big one that will hold 2 rifles, a roughly 400mmx300mm one the thermal lives in when its not on a rifle, a second 400x300 case for chrono, loading book, thumb tacks, random range/sighting in crap. Recently got a wee 250x200mm but 150mm deep case. On a job that'll hold ammo, sandwiches, cans of coke etc.

Personally I like them for being able to keep dust out and robust enough to strap down to a vehicle deck with ratchet strops.

I also use them at work for keeping the more delicate field instruments in. If the cases are geo proof they will be fine for hunting.
    Every machine is a smoke machine,
    If you use it wrong enough.

MB
    Yeah, the Supercheap cases are pretty tough. I own two (not the gun-shaped one). You would be going some to break one. Way better than the Tsunami shit I bought off GrabOne!