Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By XR500
  • 2 Post By Barry the hunter

Thread: Kids ands their never ending growing feet.....

Kids ands their never ending growing feet.....

My lanky ever growing teen son has yet again out grown his boots and here I am yet again having to fork out for a new pair of boots for his ever expanding feet. As much as I'd like to get him something good and long lasting, the truth is that in roughly 6-8 months time his feet would probably have grow another few inches...

So, knowing this I am considering a cheaper option.
    Budget likely around the $200 mark. Use is likely to be a mix of open tops, river beds and bush stalking..... you know something that can do it all. And is cheap.. haha. (Providing he can keep those clumps of feet silent when moving)

Was considering the Hunters element line of boots (Lima)

Any thoughts, and or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Cheers.. R.

How about some second hand boots from army and outdoors pretty good quality. Ive got a pair but the bloody sole has started squeeking

Grisport hiker type boots are all good for this purpose. Reasonably durable and typically quite comfy out of the box.

Second grisport hikers a decent budget option

skellerup ashleys...sub $200 and will be fine to hand onwards when he out grows them....if into other sports,rugby/soccer boots do ok unless near rock. shorter daytrips normal gumboots arent too bad,but the laceups are best bet of all,slide some thin innersoles in them,gaiters on top and life is good.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

What size boot are you currently looking for?
    I have the same issue here, I keep telling him he can't grow anymore for another 12 months but he does.
    The Biggest Room is the Room for Improvement

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    skellerup ashleys...sub $200 and will be fine to hand onwards when he out grows them....if into other sports,rugby/soccer boots do ok unless near rock. shorter daytrips normal gumboots arent too bad,but the laceups are best bet of all,slide some thin innersoles in them,gaiters on top and life is good.
    Just curious, wouldn't these give you hot feet, especially in summer?
    Love the idea of these, but I have issues with hot feet in any kind of weather, if I wear anything more than sandals or bare feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
    What size boot are you currently looking for?
    I have the same issue here, I keep telling him he can't grow anymore for another 12 months but he does.
    They never listen

It's not just boys my daughter has outgrown 3 pairs of boots already this year 1 of them was even her mother's boots told her she's not getting a new pair till her bday in April so hunting is over for her till then she was not impressed

Quote Originally Posted by Brad S View Post
    Just curious, wouldn't these give you hot feet, especially in summer?
    Love the idea of these, but I have issues with hot feet in any kind of weather, if I wear anything more than sandals or bare feet.
    Wore them for most of the 70's and 80's. Summers included. Didn't seem to notice the heat. But did use thick norsewear socks with thin as long dress socks underneath to stop blisters. Great for everything except heavy loads.....and snow and ice work

Thanks everyone for the advice, ended up getting the Grisport Hiker. Now hopefully the boy doesn't grow out of them too quickly...

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    I was in Mitre 10 New Plymouth today - very nice lady wearing a skellerup badged shirt was looking over the red bands etc - had a bit of a conversation with her- she was rep for them - then had to go and have a little funeral - no bullers they are only bringing out Ashleys - bullers the best bush boot out bar none - good thing I have 3 new pair put away in dark cupboard - should see me out .
    XR500 and blip like this.

I don't wear them up on tops in heat of summer since bought pair of fabric sided boots off sarvo. But never really been an issue as such. Now wearing leather boots I used to get foot scauld something shocking,feet would go red and sore....turns out it's gout related. Pop my pills n feet are fine lol
    75/15/10 black powder matters

Have same problem with my son..looking at a pair of keen boots but still looking at mid $300 for a pair that he will grow out of in 4 months..

Have a pair of the military style boots ex T/M, were about $90, their marked size 12 BUT don't fit my size 11, too tight. Worn once, free if they fit, just pay the postage.
    Attached Images Attached Images