Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Skellerups

Skellerups

Hey g'day fellas. Just been thinking lately and I thought I'd chuck this one out to you guys to see what yous think. Needing a new pair of boots I was wondering if anyone had used the skellerup hiker boot? What's the deal with it? Or is it just an exciting new colour? Would I be best just to stick with the same Ol skellerup bullers? Cheers guys!

I've used the standard Skellerup schoen boots for the last few years. They last about a year, then I just move the aftermarket sole over to the new one. I find them comfortable as they are a wide boot.

ive had some for years thought they would be good to hunt in ......but they are designed for people with dainty lady feet not broad flippers like me. I have since robbed the D shackles off them to repair other boots . they fit quite well if I don't use laces so the make good camp slip on boots.

Is that the hiker boot scotty?

Quote Originally Posted by goatcommander View Post
    Hey g'day fellas. Just been thinking lately and I thought I'd chuck this one out to you guys to see what yous think. Needing a new pair of boots I was wondering if anyone had used the skellerup hiker boot? What's the deal with it? Or is it just an exciting new colour? Would I be best just to stick with the same Ol skellerup bullers? Cheers guys!
    The hikers are easier on the feet than the Bullers especially in the rivers. I got about 4 years out of mine before they fell apart

Quote Originally Posted by goatcommander View Post
    Is that the hiker boot scotty?
    yup

Cool cheers for the insight guys!

I have used Skellerup Hiker boots since they were introduced,must be 15 years ago at least. Slippery as hell in creekbeds and wet rocks...but what isn`t.

Agree with scotty that they`re a narrow-fitting boot and fairly lightweight construction.Not so suitable for big solid guys,the d-rings/speedhooks can rip out if over stressed.

I like `em for hunting,possuming and spraying in dry steep country.Very grippy on dry rocky loose ground. Wearing them for work 3-4 days a week I get about 18 months-2 years out of a pair. When full-time goat shooting I cut out a pair every 9 months!

A popular boot in my neck of the woods...worth giving them a try.

Sweet better than the Buller you guys reckon?

If ya hunting in steep unstable country (like your profile photo!) then I`d choose the Hiker.
    For wet/swampy easygoing country,the wide footprint & deep cleats of the Buller might be more suitable.

cheers rockland awesome