Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: aint it always the way

Quote Originally Posted by EeeBees View Post
    Googled how fast quail can fly and this is the only reference to their actual flying speed...

How Fast Are Quail?
    Quail are pretty fast runners for birds. When a quail is in a hurry, it can run about 20 feet (6 meters) in one second. Although a quail would have a hard time outrunning a predator over long distances, it is fast enough to dart out of a predator’s grasp and into the thicket.

Although quail fly only for short distances, some can fly quite fast. One of the fastest quail is the California quail. It has been timed flying at speeds of more than 50 miles (80 kilometers) per hour. The northern bobwhite can fly at about 40 miles (64 kilometers) per hour for short flights.

So if you take his speed, our reaction time, speed of projected pellets etc the mathematics are just as exciting as hunting the little beauties...
    haha its not my fault after all
    last week while after ducks we got the dog onto a small covey after seeing a single flush off the bank.
    i promptly missed one looked at my wide eyed human side kick and said have ago.
    'your fuckin jokin ''says he ''they,re to fast you cant hit them''

I like to think that too, so when you do it is an excuse to go home with a comely brace and have a wee dram in celebration...Dog may get a nice beef bone as well!!!
    ...amitie, respect mutuel et amour...

...le beau et le bon, cela rime avec Breton!...

It's a slow process 2 & 3 s each time out adds up at the end of season . All you need is when it comes together and you get a flush that ends up in very low cover . It's quail suicide ! Didn't happen last season but season before got 33 in two trips between two guns . Was just average run of the mill river bed . Just lucky flushes and they ended up where we wanted them .
    EeeBees and gsp follower like this.
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Bewdiful!!!!
    ...amitie, respect mutuel et amour...

...le beau et le bon, cela rime avec Breton!...

Quote Originally Posted by Munsey View Post

It's a slow process 2 & 3 s each time out adds up at the end of season . All you need is when it comes together and you get a flush that ends up in very low cover . It's quail suicide ! Didn't happen last season but season before got 33 in two trips between two guns . Was just average run of the mill river bed . Just lucky flushes and they ended up where we wanted them .
    yep that was my last season but not this one yetother problem was i was supposed to keep some for a mates missus but i was toothen them as fast as i got them in a kind of vengeful way
    EeeBees likes this.