Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Advice needed for new rifle

It’s a “Jacinda rifle” - drags everything low and left

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ANOTHERHUNTER View Post
    I've recently brought a tikka t3 in 7 08 , and after taking it to the range , seem to have a problem . It is shooting a nice group at 100 , but consistantly seems to be shooting to the left .
    I was wondering if i should get a gunsmith to remove the barrel , flip it over , then reinstall it . Would this bring it back into alignment ,or should i file the inside of the barrel toward the right side so the bullets will travel further right ?
    I've already tried moving the target over to the left hoping i would hit the bullseye , but had the same results .
    Any suggestions ?
    Attachment 91646
    Did you check the alignment of your scope mounts with the barrel before the scope was mounted ? Always worth checking and eliminating this common problem. What I do with rifles that guys bring to my range that shoot like this, is take the scope off and lay a 800mm long piece of stainless tube through the mounts and check that the tube is dead centre over the barrel . If it is not centred fix it. Then re-centre the scope adjustments (count dial turns and bring the adjustment back to half way) and refit it. Then as much as possible bore sight the rifle, using the adjustment in the mounts first before using the adjustments in the scope.
    The other blokes on here know all this stuff but are just having some fun before they let on. What else is there to do in winter ?.
    ANOTHERHUNTER likes this.