Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

Like Tree230Likes

Thread: Auckland shooting club membership fees

MaW
    ASC had the first beginners IPSC mini rifle match last sunday. A good turnout for the first one with 38 people. All shot with .22lr's

Four stages using paper, poppers, swingers and drop turners. All shot from a stationary position and acat mag limits so everyone could have a go. Many rugers and ar15's.

Only malfunctions I saw came from rugers, not to say all rugers failed. I will keep my dedicated ar15 in .22lr thanks

Everyone seemed to have a good time, .22lr is cheap and a lot of fun when there is competition involved.

Kerry over at Precision Shooter took a few pics, I am sure he wont mind the link over https://precisionshooter.info/ipsc-m...shooting-club/
    300CALMAN and TimK like this.

MaW
    dp

Banned
    Someone needs to send them a copy of the IPSC rulebook and the Target Array Book.

Quote Originally Posted by systolic View Post
    Someone needs to send them a copy of the IPSC rulebook and the Target Array Book.
    Why?
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

Name:  troll.png
Views: 216
Size:  5.4 KB
    Boaraxa likes this.

MaW
    The aim of these matches is to get people involved in some different types of shooting. We have many members that don't have any experience with practical shooting so safety, as usual, is paramount.

Until you have your 'B' or done one of the practical rifle courses then you can't run around. So strictly systolic you are right, it doesn't meet IPSC rules as we are shooting too many targets from one position but thats not the point of the exercise.

This gives members a small taste of what they can do later and and everyone had a great time from beginner to seasoned IPSC shooters.
    R93 and mikee like this.

R93
    Good on yous. More people into the shooting sports the better.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Scouser, Steve123 and MaW like this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MaW View Post
    The aim of these matches is to get people involved in some different types of shooting. We have many members that don't have any experience with practical shooting so safety, as usual, is paramount.

Until you have your 'B' or done one of the practical rifle courses then you can't run around. So strictly systolic you are right, it doesn't meet IPSC rules as we are shooting too many targets from one position but thats not the point of the exercise.

This gives members a small taste of what they can do later and and everyone had a great time from beginner to seasoned IPSC shooters.
    It's not the too many shots from one position. That's allowed for Level 1 matches.

The problem is the mixing of full size and mini targets in the same array. Mini targets not two metres behind full sized ones and mini targets placed on top of full sized no shoots.

Read rule 4.2.1. and the target array book.

If people are being charged $500 to join a club, the least they could expect is to have the club follow the rules of the game they are playing.

I shot the Mini Rifle match. Coming from a novice point of view it was great. A very good introduction to the sport, important practice of the processes and learning the RO commands. I think this was the point of the day. Even the seasoned shooters looked to enjoy it. ASC are doing a great job catering for what I assume is a large number of people asking for things.

R93
    It's not the too many shots from one position. That's allowed for Level 1 matches.

The problem is the mixing of full size and mini targets in the same array. Mini targets not two metres behind full sized ones and mini targets placed on top of full sized no shoots.

If people are being charged $500 to join a club, the least they could expect is to have the club follow the rules of the game they are playing.
    WTF?

Soft target usage and placement rules for a beginner/intro shoot?

You can't honestly be whinging about that?

You must have such an exhilarating life

I hope you're not a member of that club.....for everyone elses sake.

gadgetman, Tommy and 300CALMAN like this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

MaW

Sorry we rubbed you up the wrong way. Everyone said they would come back, no one asked for a refund.

I would say it was a success
    gadgetman, R93, Tommy and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    WTF?

Ummm. Who was complaining? Yes, of course he can, and does, complain about pretty much anything.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Hey Guys,
    just moved to Auckland and wanted to get out to a range to sight a new rifle in. The only two i can see is the one in this convo is about and the deer stalkers range. Is there any other places to go just need 100-200m?

cheers

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by rouseynz View Post
    Hey Guys,
    just moved to Auckland and wanted to get out to a range to sight a new rifle in. The only two i can see is the one in this convo is about and the deer stalkers range. Is there any other places to go just need 100-200m?

cheers
    You'd be better off at NZDA as the ASC doesn't have a range that far yet.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    WTF?

If they're going to ignore basic rules about simple things like target arrays, perhaps they could ignore other rules too? Why bother following rules about magazine capacity, holster position or fault lines?

New shooters need to be taught the right way to do things from the very start.

That way you don't get people in their first Level 3 match wondering why they've been bumped to open, because no cunt ever told them about not putting more than 15 rounds in their Shadow magazines in production division. Or reloading with a spare magazine from the front pocket of their jeans.