Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Hi from a fresh Kiwi

Welcome, I'm not far. There are also some others in the area, @Spudattack
    How does anyone travel half way around the world and end up here of all places?

Sent from my workbench
    Oryx likes this.
    If i could have a full time job shooting pests i'm up for over time.

Quote Originally Posted by smidey View Post

Sent from my workbench

I'm just outside Durban at the moment, and yep, Whangas is the spot! We end up there because it is warmer than the rest of NZ!
    Oryx likes this.
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."

Welcome
    You seem to be missing a 308 which will make you a true Kiwi once you get your citizenship
    veitnamcam and Oryx like this.

Welcome Oryx, good luck in the hills mate...
    Oryx likes this.
    While I might not be as good as I once was, Im as good once as I ever was!

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

Quote Originally Posted by smidey View Post

Sent from my workbench
    Must say I did nit know al lot about Whangarei when I chose to come to NZ - it chose me since via a job offer. Now that I am here, I will find it hard to move though. Quit like the winterless North

Quote Originally Posted by Spudattack View Post
    I'm just outside Durban at the moment, and yep, Whangas is the spot! We end up there because it is warmer than the rest of NZ!
    Like the slang - Whagas
    You must enjoy Zulu country. If you are still there, you must try to visit Shaka's village.

Cheers Oryx, yep, here for another 3 weeks, up to zululand on Monday so doing st Lucia, shakas village, hluhluwe and all the rest. And then the berg, sani pass etc after that.

Loving the weather, been pearler for us, 31 on Tuesday and been around 26 every other day so far!

Gotta say, I don't want to live here anymore but as a holiday venue it is virtually unbeatable.
    The exchange rate rocks too, shouted 8 blokes 3 rounds of draughts, 4 pizzas and a round of shooters at a Stag do last weekend, was a whole $60 hahahaha!
    Last edited by Spudattack; 07-05-2015 at 09:04 PM.
    Tommy likes this.
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."

Quote Originally Posted by sako75 View Post
    Welcome
    You seem to be missing a 308 which will make you a true Kiwi once you get your citizenship
    Hi Sako75, I don't know about the 308 - already have a 30-06 - it is a Sako though, which would probably be the qualifier.
    sako75 and veitnamcam like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Oryx View Post
    Must say I did nit know al lot about Whangarei when I chose to come to NZ - it chose me since via a job offer. Now that I am here, I will find it hard to move though. Quit like the winterless North
    it's very easy to live here for sure, been here virtually all my life. apart from not having deer in the hills most other game is around.
    Oryx likes this.
    If i could have a full time job shooting pests i'm up for over time.

ebf
    Greetings Oryx,

Have a look at nranz.com for the contact details of Whangarei Rifle Club. There is a bunch of pretty active F-class shooters up there, good buggers. Tell that short shit called Charles that the saffas are coming to take over - you should get an interesting welcome
    Oryx likes this.
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

Welcome oryx, I am new to whangarei myself arrived in March, just settling in and then will be looking to start hunting, have a few SA mates in the UK.
    Oryx likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ebf View Post
    Greetings Oryx,

Have a look at nranz.com for the contact details of Whangarei Rifle Club. There is a bunch of pretty active F-class shooters up there, good buggers. Tell that short shit called Charles that the saffas are coming to take over - you should get an interesting welcome
    Hi ebf, Now that is very helpful. I will definitely get in touch with the club. I was looking for a place to test my rifles. Think their scopes might be out as a result of the trip. The humidity probably also causes a few pressure points that the rifles did mot have before.
    Wherabout is the shooting range of the club?
    I don't think I will approach Charles they way you suggest though - might get kicked out before I start.

Quote Originally Posted by Taff View Post
    Welcome oryx, I am new to whangarei myself arrived in March, just settling in and then will be looking to start hunting, have a few SA mates in the UK.
    Hi Taff, I should actually bid you welcome. Hope you enjoy Whagas! We find it a great place to live.
    Not surprised about the SA friends in UK - there is quite a large SA community there. Hope they held our name high.
    I am also looking forward to my first NZ hunt.