Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Hunting next?

Hunting next?

See a few comments around the traps lately about iwi charging fishermen $100/day to film/photograph fishing in the CNI area if they intend to publish photos/video on social media, YouTube etc. Apparently it's put the brakes on a lot of content creators and those who have chosen to ignore the "requirement" have been sent cease and desist letters. What's the go there? I imagine they'll start on hunting next? I'd like to see where this money ends up?
    Trout and bigbear like this.
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

isnt that called racketeering?
    Sika stag, Russian 22. and XR500 like this.

First I heard of it,,
    I know drone photography not popular and a lot of it popping up on youtube without landowner permission...

so maybe a connection there.

Jus
    Yea I’ve heard of a few guys who post vids every weekend just trout fishing, have had to shit down their channels because it’s no longer viable, it now costs them money. Always after something for nothing, and the govt keeps filling their hands instead of saying you want it, work for it, like the rest of us
    Trout, Maca49, Mathias and 1 others like this.

Staying calm deep breathing leaving the thread now …… money ends up at the top v8s with big mags are expensive to up keep

It started with the introduction of a separate fishing licence for the Taupo catchment.
    So been going on a while.
    Moa Hunter likes this.
    Overkill is still dead.

Ned
    DOC has already been doing the rounds on YouTube hunting channels here chasing concession fees. I think it's only for those who monetize their channel though?

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Be interesting to put a number on the tourist dollars that come in as a direct result of overseas hunters and fishers watching YouTube etc. A world class trout fishery and the best free range public land hunting in the world and Doc/Iwi want to punish those who monetize it, by monetizing it themselves.
    Dreamer, ROKTOY, dannyb and 5 others like this.
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

Everyone desperate for income, this country needs a bloody big shake up, and change in direction
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    Be interesting to put a number on the tourist dollars that come in as a direct result of overseas hunters and fishers watching YouTube etc. A world class trout fishery and the best free range public land hunting in the world and Doc/Iwi want to punish those who monetize it, by monetizing it themselves.
    I'd suggest that the average kiwi hunter/fishers estimate would come in at well under half what the actual income NZ gets from foreign hunters and fishers.
    Overkill is still dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post

It’s fucking bullshit for lack of a better word would be like local councils charging you for taking photos of your kids on the swing or a slide at the park that’s up kept with rate payer $$$, I assume DOCS tax payer funded and the Te Urewera is a prime Iwi management example
    It’s all greed .

If I’m injured or bogged down with work and family life all these YouTube videos are my escape to the hills or the ocean I don’t care for freshwater fishing be sad to see them decline. Theirs a lot of hours in front of the computer for some of these guys to put these 30 min clips together for our entertainment just leave the buggers alone . The subject obviously grrrrs me
    Ryan_Songhurst and 25/08 IMP like this.

This country is going to shit at a increasingly rapid rate.
    The more of this type of crap that is allowed the quicker we are headed down the toilet.

How long before all of us (well not all of us) will need to pay yearly Jizya to be allowed to keep living here.

Local fishing guides have to give a percentage of their take now if fishing in lakes/rivers.

Once upon a time in the mountain area there is a famous gorge, only need two or three hours driver from the center of Beijing. The river/ streams are formed from springs at above 2,000m, it `s very clean, loaded with precious cold water fishes, even trout (we call it mountain trout, not like brown trout that big). The place is kept secrete only to hikers and fisherman for many years, but local business had been good, home stay, many restaurants serve local foods since usually people will arrive on Friday afternoon or Saturday and spend entire weekend over there.

But things changed because local authority smelt the money which will come from "tourists" and govt. if they could made a development plan. couple years before, local authority built a gates and charge for 25 per person, parking for 6 hours is 15 for each car, and they built stairs so that more people could feel easy to get down there...etc and now, hikers and fisherman has gone, restaurants almost all closed in that area and tourists?? No, 90% of tourists once they know it will take 1.5 hours to reach the river then....Hope you know what I mean.
    Moa Hunter and Finnwolf like this.
    Always In pursuit of my happiness...No matter the costs.