Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: NEA15's now available with Mispec Buffers as standard

NEA15's now available with Mispec Buffers as standard

Our new standard specification AR15's all now feature Milspec buffer tube, MOE Fixed length stock and MOE+ Pistol Grip. They come in barrel lengths 14.5" and 18" and colours Black and FDE. The 12.5" barrel is too short with this stock so will still be sold with the A2 buffer. Pricing is same as our A2 versions.

NORTH EASTERN ARMS : NZAR15.COM, Home of the sporting Semi Auto

Wouldn't 12.5" be over 762mm with that stock and a brake? Like, juuuust over. My 14.5" is just over with a shorter stock and no brake

Its 1" short without a muzzle break.
    This is a real grey area. I can remove the stock with a screw driver and shorten the gun 3" making it illegal.
    Or I can remove the muzzle break making the gun short by 1". However to remove the muzzle break you would need barrel vice blocks, a vice and an armourers wrench.
    Im picking the Police would be more concerned about someone removing the muzzle break even though its virtually impossible without specific tools.

It's so incredibly retarded

Any gun can be modified to be illegally short, I would look at it as interpreting whether the user intends to use it in a legal config, or something

Our min. OAL is stupid long anyway, it's not like something 600mm long for example is easy concealed either, that would be a better length to fit with what actual gun owners want in a legal gun

At least we dont have a minimum barrel length

Effectively we may as well have

Why can't gun laws just make sense?

...cause laws are made by people who dont understand/use guns
    Savage1 and Bill999 like this.

Is there anywhere I can get better high res pictures of these? the website doesn't do them justice IMO.

Also with the comment about how difficult it is to remove the brake is there a way to ensure I can transition back and forth from a suppressor while on the range (without vice and tools), preference is to run brake and remove as required or do I need to look at military style brake with screw on suppressor...... problem is sourcing one with ITAR restrictions.

Email me - contact us page on our nzar15.com website - and I can send a higher res picture.

The brake is fastened against a crush washer so you would need to clamp the barrel in a vice to remove. The crush washer ensures the ports are alligned in the correct direction.
    Any of the suppressors we sell will fit this gun. If the break is not on it only takes a matter of 10 seconds or so to screw on a suppressor. My choice of suppressor would the ODL Samson model.
    We can obtain the NEA suppressors that QD onto the muzzle break. They are around $1000+ though and muzzle forward.

Done, would be interested in a make/model for QD option as it may be possible to go with the shorter option and have it permanently fixed with muzzle break to conform to legal requirement and still utilise suppressor.

NEA have some guns on trademe without pistol grip?....

wats the story,...have the fun police stepped in and made them remove,.....

I take it the photos above are classed as E cat but with a Thumbhole stock they would be A Cat????....

From what ive heard the NEA supply a quality product

Quote Originally Posted by Hilux View Post
    NEA have some guns on trademe without pistol grip?....

wats the story,...have the fun police stepped in and made them remove,.....

I take it the photos above are classed as E cat but with a Thumbhole stock they would be A Cat????....

From what ive heard the NEA supply a quality product
    Generally any auction on trade me with a picture of a firearm with a pistol grip will get withdrawn by trade me.

Also if they think you might selling reloaded ammo with a firearm they will do the same ........

It's the tard in tardme