Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: EM332 Trigger

EM332 Trigger

I'm hoping that there is a clever person onboard who knows a good way to modify the trigger of a Norinco EM332 so that the creep is minimised. So, what I want is a way to have an adjustable sear. I don't find the overtravel after let off a problem but I do find the creep before let off a bit disconcerting. I have looked at all of the usual internet sources of cleverness re EM332 triggers but there is little to no information about an adjustable sear. It seems to be glossed over in EM332 trigger modifications. Plenty of info about an adjustable overtravel, and trigger weight but not the creep problem.

Got some photos of the trigger mechanism? A quick Google turned up nothing for me.

Yep as above, let’s see some photos of the trigger mech

Banned
    The trigger is fixed and non adjustable, I think because they are a comp rifle. Anyway I just shimmed mine to remove the first stage creep. A proper solution would be to drill a small hole, tap and fit an adjustment screw and locknut
    No.3 likes this.

https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...W-MAG-RELEASE/
    Some good info on this site of the Norinco NS522 although it doesn’t have the first stage but could be useful to look at for other trigger sear tips.
    Photo below is the EM332 with original spring but modified to give lighter pull.
    Name:  D10D2849-82F4-41AF-8291-86243E17DCE8.jpeg
Views: 633
Size:  1.48 MB

Just turned 2 stage actuator over and trying as single stage trigger, a small vee for the spring and a slight radius.
    Feels nicer than when being 2 stage and the good thing I can always just turn it back over if I want.Name:  B32B8DD1-254B-47EA-9129-892F0C14989D.jpeg
Views: 539
Size:  1.16 MBName:  B9B2AE85-9DE6-42D3-B50F-2D1E52056550.jpeg
Views: 534
Size:  1.14 MB
    A Single stage trigger is used on the EMs brother the NS522
    kristopher, Grey Kiwi, hey and 1 others like this.

RS

Just finished doing this trigger procedure this morning on my M332. What a transformation from a heavy two stage crunch to a very smooth single stage squeeze. Thank you for sharing
    this with us.

Chris
    Moa Hunter likes this.

Good one Chris glad you had a go and that you have got the same result I’m getting much smoother feel on mine for sure, I put a trigger over travel screw in aswell which helps too. At least you can simply go back to 2 stage if you want eh!
    Cheer’s and good shooting.
    Stu
    Moa Hunter likes this.

This should be tagged.

FYI I just oredered a em332a scorpio mag from canada to test out should be here in a week or so.

I think somehow I ran over my #3 mag and need someone who can fix it as its pretty buggered. I could muck round with it an jb weld the spots back but in the mean time ordered from CA
    thought for $40 air freighted to me is better than a certain blue waffle store charging 150 for a 5 shot em mag.

will keep updated on how it works with norincos.

It certainly improved feelto trigger a five minute mod you might like.

Would be keen on getting one if they fit ok as only have one mag.
    MCCPRO likes this.

Apparently there is a gunsmith in the states who has modified the NS522 trigger to adjust the sear position by fitting a small screw in position shown below that adjusts trigger position against the end wall of housing, It would mean the safety interlock would need to be modified also so it engages on safe, but once done might be good.Name:  7C06DB50-D14A-408B-BA95-E7006623A8A4.jpeg
Views: 436
Size:  592.6 KB
    kristopher likes this.

Mind you I still like the 2 stage with lighter spring when rabbiting, if I were keep as single stage I would want to reduce the creep by adding adjustable screw but not about to do that at the moment as now I have it performing as two stage quite nicely.
    It was a good exercise to see what can be done with the trigger though.
    kristopher likes this.

So I just recieved a scorpio em332a 10 shot mag it feeds fine apart from the lock slot on the mag needs to be slightly opened to allow mag lever to hold the magazine.
    Imported for about $60nz compared to no stock in nz or old GC for $170 5 round the last time I saw one .

If anyone is gagging for an em332 mag pm me I have one that needs a spot weld and square up as it got squashed but still feeds.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    Moa Hunter and csmiffy like this.

Would love it if still available.