Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Attempts to ban suppressors in the US

The gun law in U.S should be vary from states to states, I think. Even some federal politicians actually come up some bills and passed, but down to state`s level thing will be different, if it can went down to each states and that `s why it called "United States". For example like castle law, stand your ground law...but in some states you can `t just shoot intruders without proper causes even you have been threatened by a man with gun. Talking about this, what you will do when have to shoot for self defense in U.S (not in here of course) , will you empty your mag on one intruder? Or will stop shooting when the intruder is no longer a threat to you and to your family? Because on twitter, it seemed most people agree with "empty your mag" rule and said this was their instructors told them to do when they went for weapon training in States. But really? I do `t think this is logical to me. Any professional could explain little...
    Always In pursuit of my happiness...No matter the costs.

Quote Originally Posted by No.3 View Post
    I stopped processing at "competition machine gun shooter". Where what who how??????????
    Yep he was a Ex New York Cop who had moved to South Caralina. I met him on a tourist Boat that I was the skipper of here in NZ, Took him out possum shooting and he loved it. Anyways few years later let him know I was taking the family to the states. He invited us to his place. The kids got to shoot full auto H& K and Uzi`s , 50cal Barret and a pile of other things.
    He took me to his lock up and down one wall was I think 8-10 safes , each held 5-10 full auto weapons. Some I had no idea what they were. I jokingly said hell how much ammo have you got to which he answered (straight faced) I never have less than two hundred thousand rounds. Wife said when we got home he was the scariest person we met on the whole trip, my wife`s a pretty smart woman.
    10-Ring, Finnwolf and RV1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tasbay View Post
    Yep he was a Ex New York Cop who had moved to South Caralina. I met him on a tourist Boat that I was the skipper of here in NZ, Took him out possum shooting and he loved it. Anyways few years later let him know I was taking the family to the states. He invited us to his place. The kids got to shoot full auto H& K and Uzi`s , 50cal Barret and a pile of other things.
    He took me to his lock up and down one wall was I think 8-10 safes , each held 5-10 full auto weapons. Some I had no idea what they were. I jokingly said hell how much ammo have you got to which he answered (straight faced) I never have less than two hundred thousand rounds. Wife said when we got home he was the scariest person we met on the whole trip, my wife`s a pretty smart woman.
    be a fun bugger to spend an afternoon with though always fancied trying some full autos

Quote Originally Posted by Barry the hunter View Post
    be a fun bugger to spend an afternoon with though always fancied trying some full autos
    Absolutely wonderful hosts, wouldn`t let us pay for anything. We were going to stay in the granny flat at the back of his house but his wife rented it out before we arrived so he put us up in a Hotel ( Southern Mansion) around the corner at $700us per night. We got the Rosevelt suite as in President ( apparently he had stayed there) stunning. Tthats one thing with Americans they can be great hosts.
    Micky Duck, norsk, imaca and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tasbay View Post
    .. Took him out possum shooting and he loved it. ...
    Same here, took my good mate from Oklahoma out possie shooting when he was over here once and he said it was one of the best things he'd ever done. BTW, he's def not a scary person despite having a lot of guns ( both long rifles and handguns), in fact he's well educated, has a very balanced view of the world and is a great family man. Proves not all Americans are weirdos as many here believe.
    Micky Duck likes this.

This gives a good summary of the US rules re "silencers" https://www.silencercentral.com/blog...-buy-silencer/

Nice to see some consistency when it comes to ignorant politicians as NZ isn’t alone.

I love my suppressors aka “weapons of mass murder” as they’ve certainly saved my hearing, scared less game and improved accuracy.
    6x47 and Micky Duck like this.